BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the upgrade last night and bench tested the 73 Blazer motor everything appeared to work great!! When I put the heater back in and hooked everything back my 3 way switch only worked very minimal on medium and high. The resistor that is plugged into the switch got red hot on medium... Any ideas as to why this isn't working right? Do I need a new speed control resistor? I have it direct wired right now but I miss having the 3 speeds already.

Thanks,
Chad

------------------
Current
78 CJ5
Stock for Now
Wish List is Growing

·
Registered
65 Posts
i would suggest checking your wiring. for the resitor to get hot mean too much current. That means that the current isnt getting to the motor, and instead the resitor is having to disipate the curent as heat. Also make sure you used the right wiring guage. Im also interested in this swap for my wag. Where did you get info?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It kinda sounds like from what I've heard from everyone else I've asked that this is "normal". I'm still playing with it a little bit, it works great but I just have on and off now which really isn't big deal for me... It is a huge improvement though over the stock blower motor!!!

Here is the write up I used..
http://www.outdoorwire.com/4x4/jeep/tech/interior/cjheater

------------------
Current
78 CJ5
Stock for Now
Wish List is Growing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts