BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Group:
First: A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
Last week I rolled my 91 fullsize blazer silverado,I still have it (buyback) and it has only 97000 km,so I am now in the process
of looking for a new truck. My question is, how far back can I go for all the parts to interchange, can I go after a Jimmy and have things fit? Any advice or help is very much appreciated

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think it's in the mid 70's they'll interchange. Blazer or Jimmy it's all the same.Rene may be able to give you some more info on this too.

Check out www.coloradok5.com as well.

------------------
Bill and Gina Innes
AKA:Growly Mountain Gorilla

·
Registered
79 Posts
80 was the last year of the old front clip and 81 was the first year of the newer style.

The frames were the same from about 78 and up when the rear area got a footwell. Really with a litle elbow grease almost anything will interchange from 73 and up. Seeing as you rolled yours I don't imagine you'd be swapping a newer body onto an older frame though. Drivetrain wise everything should interchange nicely.
What are you specifically wanting to swap?
I can think of one thing that is a PITA to swap. The interior was changed in 81. Your dash pad will bolt right up on anything newer than an 81 but your seats will need a little imagination. Your seats will interchange with anything newer than 86 when they changed to the sliding passenger seat from the old tilt up seats.

Hope that helps a bit...

Rene

------------------
God hates a coward!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts