BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does 'BLEM' mean anything if it's stamped/burnt into a tire?

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Rude said:
Does 'BLEM' mean anything if it's stamped/burnt into a tire?
It probably means "blemish." In other words, it's not perfect. The tire should be fine, functionally, but may have some kind of blemish like weird colouring, or a chunk missing from the tread, or something.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought.

It's nice to know 3/5 of my'new' used tires are blemished. One of them seperated (don't know what it's called) between the layers the other day. I should have known.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
A blemished tire is when there is a visual only defect found on the tire, there should be NO structural defects...if the tire seperated there is a good chance it wash from "stone drilling", "under inflation", or "manufacturers defects". I would consult with a tire sales representative from a place like Kal Tire or Fountain or where ever they sell the tires you have and see if there is a free road hazard thing or mileage gaurantee. At least they might pro-rate the tire (mearured tread depth vs. factory tread depth) and give you a corresponding discount on a new replacement tire!

Matthew

P.S. Good Luck:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unless things have changed in the last two years, "Blems" have NO WARRANTY. That's why you pay way less money for them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5 nice rims, 5 tires (BLEM), 1 late-model yj soft-top (I made it fit), 2 neoprene seat covers (ugly and damn hot, but it'll make the seats last longer), 1 stock center console (mint).

All for $600 at a garage sale. My dad picked the stuff up in AB and shipped it out here. Nice guy. :D

I don't think I'm going to have any luck at a dealer for the tires. garage sale and all.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
What make and kind of tire was this...a blem is a visual only and should not affect the tires warranty. If Goodyear sold someone a blemished tire with serious structural defects they would be liable for putting peoples lives at risk! Maybe the guy at the garage sale had an insider who got the tires for him?!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Blem=no warranty, buy at your own risk. simply, if you want a warranty, you buy a new tire with a warranty. If you want to buy a cheap tire, you buy a blem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wade is correct, we can get blems once and a while at the store and they come with diddly squat for warranty. The ****tiest thing about it is they're really not all that much cheaper! Also as per the other posts, "blem" is strictly a cosmetic issue, not structural.Best to find a match if you can and just keep on wheelin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts