BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 ram 1500 4x4 5"bds and 35"tires.i was wondering if anyone has had rear diff problems on the 9.25s.my pinion shaft blew up and decided to go through the housing and dodge claims its from the driveline angle and that there was a vibration.what a bunch of crap,if theres a driveshaft vibration the u-joints would be worn out.anyways im debating on goin to a dana 60 or 70 since i do not trust this 9.25 any suggestions or comments please let me know.thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a '97 1/2 ton with the same rearend. About 2 years ago my Trac-lok limited slip packed it in. At that time I replaced the p.o.s. with a Detroit Locker and swapped to 4.56 gears. This 9.25 has since seen some pretty heavy action w/35's and about 70000km and has not whimpered. So I would say you probably got a "Friday afternooner", I don't think the rearend is weak by any means. Then again, how hard do you use your truck?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont quit

well they covered my diff.im just trying to inform all you lifted dodges that still have warranty that they will cover your explosion if you fight for it.well they really call it a "goodwill service".so dont take the dealers crap even from the service manager.if he refuses or covers a portion then go talk to the general manager and see what he or she will do for you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My two bits

I find that getting any warranty done is a pain and you have to fight the dealer. I agree that the only way to get it covered is to head for the gm or as I once did, try another dealership. They were more than happy to get my service and my repeat service since. If you are really stuck, let me know I have several dana 60's sitting around in mint shape.
Randy
rc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts