BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does oil stay on an exposed surface?

Weird question, but I'm looking into sources of leaks and there's some oil/fluid in the weirdest spots. Most importantly on my front diff. (not from the differential itself, but dripping from above). A few days ago I went balistic when topping up the engine oil and I must have dripped about 75ml. There's still the 'drop' at the bottom of the diff so I want to find out if it's a new leak, or still 'wet' from a few days ago.

btw, I found out what blinker fluid is. There's some wires that are actually leaking oil around my battery. The wires are soaked in oil and there's nothing leaking anywhere even close to them. Must be blinker fluid.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
thought you were talking turn signal fluid. which reminds me, i haven't checked mine in a while. i hope i'm not low! :laugh

·
Registered
303 Posts
SizzleChest said:
thought you were talking turn signal fluid. which reminds me, i haven't checked mine in a while. i hope i'm not low! :laugh
So did I! Only reason I opened the thread!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had "blinker fluid" in my Civic once. Some chick came running to my window when I was stopped at a red light and said: "hey man, your rear light is half full of water!" It caused all sorts of shorts and other problems. No idea how it got there, I just drilled a small hole at the bottom of the plastic light cover and let it drain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts