BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone been up either this year ??? Blowdown was getting pretty grown in this time last year, haven't been up the Hurley Silveer mine road in a few years.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Blowdown

Here is a recent post from Bivouac under their road bulletins.

The Blowdown Creek road can be used to reach the trail systems of the Upper Stein Valley.
+2.5 km (4200 ft): [Main road turns right to bridge over Blowdown creek and active logging area (10/16/99).] Carry on straight along the older and narrower road for Blowdown Pass.
+10.0 km (5000 ft): spur to the right. Take left fork for Blowdown Pass. Road becomes rough (4WD). 2WD should park here.
+10.5 km: spur to the right
+15.0 km: Blowdown Pass. Road descends towards old mine in Upper Stein Valley. Stein traverse

Bulletins Insert
2002.08.16 Simon Chesterton Road Clear
Drove to about 7km in a Cavalier, and biked to the pass. Gott and Gotcha easy ascents from there. A good 4x4 will make it. BC Parks had a truck up there. However, your paint will suffer lower down from the Alder.

2002.07.16 Sandra McGuinness Minimal snow left at Blowdown Pass
Drove the Blowdown Pass road on 16th July 2002 and got a Nissan Pathfinder to kilometre 11.9. Hardier 4WDrivers could have gone further but we pashed the undercarriage on a bad washout at Km 11.9 and decided to walk from there. Beyond that washout the road actually improves. Patchy snow (but on the road) to about 500 metres below the pass (as the road travels not vertical).

2002.07.06 Kevin Kraliz blowdown pass still covered
went up yesterday, snow will be covering the pass much longer than most years. at least 15 deep at the pass!! road is increasingly scary because of the precariousness of the switchback section just before the lake/pass as discussed, only two back-to-back gullies are really bad. Made it to within 1/4 mile of pass by jeep, also discovered that the lower road can be used to get to pass (very rough need big susp.) when the current road disintegrates. last year I made it to the mine on july 10.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts