BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planning on takeing at least 12" out of the box, and ptuuting the chevy springs in. The box is already off. With the chevy's in, will the shackle interfere with anything or stick out past the back of the box? It looks like it right now. I'll be running a dual shackle using the stock toy shackle and the stock chevy shakle. I plan on mounting my bumper up on the frame once the box is bobbed and this might cause problems with the shackle.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bobbed my box 14 and my bros 13"

we had to cut the frame off at teh rear shackle hanger so I doubt you can run chevy's!

·
1,269 Posts
Make your hanger for the Chevy's farther forward. Obviously that would move your axle forward as well which you may or may not want, but other than bobbing the box less there really aren't too many other options.

You could always just notch your roll pan / bumper... :D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
couldn't u run a singal shackle, with the chevies, using the stock toy hanger and mount the front hanger according to that!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna do some measuring, and firgure out around how much I can easily take out without too much interferance. I may be building some sort of new bumper anyway, so I could build around the shackle if I need too. I'm not sure. I'll bob the bed however much I decided to, get the chevys in, fit the box, and see what I have to work with. I'll be lucky If the chevy's are in next saturday. I somehow doubt it... The box I can cut up and do some welding on during the week after work, but I'm usually pretty lazy and tired. I just hope my toy doesn't end up sitting as long as yours has pete!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Since you have a street queen now it sounds like the toy will be a trail rig, why not run a buggy set up with the chevy's?

Mike.

·
1,269 Posts
That's what I'm doing to get my shackles in. Right now without a buggy the angle is horrid and they stick out past the rollpan, but with the buggy I can adjust the shackle angle and bring them in under the rollpan.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey Pitter, none of those links are working :confused: they all say forbidden

forgive my ignorance, but whats a buggy set up?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
randbeast said:
hey Pitter, none of those links are working :confused: they all say forbidden

forgive my ignorance, but whats a buggy set up?

yeah i guess its time to send my $$$ in to support the board to post pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts