BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to purchase new body bushings and I am considering the daystar kit which has a built in 1" lift. It sounds like I would need the metal sleeves that were in the factory bushing kit. Most of my CJ metal inserts are rusted away and since I'm using a YJ tub with a larger diameter bolts I assume I'll need different one's anyways.
Anyone know if these are dealer only parts? I called a few 4x4 shops and they didn't have a listing for them. Also has anyone heard anything good/bad about the daystar 1" lift/body bushing kit?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
It's poly so it passes a bit more vibes, but the quality is good.

A lot of parts store sell brass bushings you can use inside the body pucks.

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

[This message has been edited by Chris S (edited March 05, 2002).]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Chris, I'll check out some parts stores tomorrow.
I called a dealer and it would cost about $13 each for the factory inserts. Considering I have 11 that's a lot more than I planned on spending.

Ken

·
Registered
397 Posts
I bought a set of near-new inserts for my YJ from Gary's, but they weren't cheap. I think I paid $100 for all 11 of them. The YJ and TJ ones are the same, except for the one under the grille. IIRC, the six inserts that go along the sides are larger than the four that go out back.

Chris

------------------
See my Jeep's website:
www.bc4x4.com/chrisw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.