BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, a few questions on this, I would like to install a kit in my 92 tracker but have never done a body lift before, I was wonderimg what was all involved with this I will be going with a calmini 3" body lift. has anyone done one of these before? would i need to lenghten my shifter? raise my gear box up ? please let me know anything that is involved as I will be purchasing one shortly and hope to be well prepared for the install before hand

·
Registered
708 Posts
i did one on my Yota, they are really easy. undoall the bolts holding your cab on, lift one end put the blocks under and but the bolts through. fingertighten the nuts on. o yes as you are doing this watch the brakelines and all. do the same for the other side, then get an impact wrench and tighten the crap outta them. Then you get to lower your rad and all that fun stuff but thats all easy. you will need to grind out the plate around your shifter so it doesnt hit when you shift gears or accelerating gears. when all this is done drive around and see if the shifter hits the plate when you accelerate. remember to tighten the bolts everyonce in a wile too.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts