BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for a bodylift for my 83 toyota and i was told that it was cheap just to go down shop and have aluminum pucks made, but i was wondering what else will i need besides bolts? anything to do with steering? or gas neck filler? any help would be great thanks. i know you guys are always pulling out your bodylifts cause you don't like them, is anyone selling a used one cheap? the thing is my truck has about 3-4 inches of lift and 35 inch tires. that is small for the tires but that is cause the lift was done over ten years ago and has sagged. the spring shop told me if i pull the springs out they will be shot and i will need new ones so thats not an option. they flex great and i want to keep them.

any help would be great thanks again Steve

·
1,269 Posts
Some body lift kits include the gas neck filler and others do not. This can be a 5-10 minute fix for some people and an all day ordeal sort of thing for others. It's late and I'm tired but I'm 90% sure that Trailmaster kits include the neck. I'd recommend just buying one over making your own. They're usually around $150 new.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know this isn't a cheap sport but for a student still in high school a $150 dollars is a bit more than i have to spare

·
Chump
624 Posts
Originally posted by Jr:
i'm looking for a bodylift for my 83 toyota and i was told that it was cheap just to go down shop and have aluminum pucks made, but i was wondering what else will i need besides bolts? anything to do with steering? or gas neck filler? any help would be great thanks.
I have some round hard plastic from Industrial Plastics and Paints that was used as my body lift for my bed. I have since taken the body lift out when I put my flatdeck on. The lift was 2" and required no modification to the steering or fuel filler. The rad fan shroud needs to be raised, notched or removed. I have all the pieces for the bed (except for the rust bolts that broke off) and all you would need are the 6 for the front (you could use the bed ones as templates for making new front ones)

Email me if interested (I could email pics of the lift if needed)
[email protected]

JCD

[This message has been edited by Jordan (edited February 18, 2002).]

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I did mine I had to move the rad down 3", bend the shifters and put an extension in the steering and raise both front and back bumpers. The filler neck wasn't a problem. You'll probably save yourself some time if you buy a kit that has the rad extensions, steering extension and mounts for front bumper, then all you have to worry about is back bumper and shifters.

------------------
IFS- Shouldn't that be a four letter word?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why dont you go with lift shackles,buy the fronts and make the rears,I think that the fronts are only arround $50 new but I could be wrong,I found mine at the wreckers.

------------------
Take my woman,take my dog,but leave my truck alone.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i asked at sport trucks unlimited about the front shackles, i can't remember exactly but i think they were over $90. someone correct me if i'm wrong. and the front shackle you don't get alot of lift from and they throw off your pinion angle right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.