BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a problem with my truck. When I am on steep inclines or brake hard etc. I hear a bolt getting flung around. It sounds like it is in the bell housing of the flywheel. If I rev the engine, sometimes the movement of air will fling the bolt around with a loud whap!! The truck runs fine and everything but it is very anoying. Is there anyway I can take this out without removing the tranny??? Thanks in advance.

------------------
1981 Ford F150 Ranger Flair Side. 35" Dick Cepek 3" Lift. 302 5L
GPS Linked to OziExplorer
VE7CSY on IPARN

·
Registered
53 Posts
better check it out.It will only get worse.May be a clutch torsional spring trying to escape!My other truck had that noise then all of the sudden the clutch pedal was hard,the spring wedged itself betweenthe pressure plate and the clutch fingers

------------------
79 Bronco 33"geerals, 4"coils,shackle reversal
wow!what a view from up here

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I should of mentioned but it is an automatic. Wouldn't have one of those springy things in there would it? I can work on engines but trany's.....

Thanks for your reply, maybe someone can help me out, or recomend somewhere with good rates to look at it for me? Can't spend much now with price of gas going up!!!

------------------
VE7CSY on IPARN

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by Azorian:
I guess I should of mentioned but it is an automatic. Wouldn't have one of those springy things in there would it? I can work on engines but trany's.....

Thanks for your reply, maybe someone can help me out, or recomend somewhere with good rates to look at it for me? Can't spend much now with price of gas going up!!!
I've had torque converters make metalic bolt-flinging noises when they were dying.... not a good omen. When it goes, it will likely take all the soft parts in your trans with it (experience makes you wise :) so I'd check it out and take care of the problem NOW....

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh Darn, guess I should get it checked. If the torque converter was going, wouldn't the truck just sit there when your giving her gas to get up a hill? Is this expensive cause it better not be!! Luckily it still should be under warranty.

------------------
VE7CSY on IPARN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts