BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a D-60 for the front of my truck, and Im looking at a 14 bolt for out back, they are the same bolt pattern arent they? I know theyre both 8 lug but is the lug hole spacing the same?

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
What year is the 60 out of? If it's out of a Super Duty I believe the bolt pattern is different...anything old will be the same though imho (which could be wrong). I'm making a bit of an assumption that your going with a Ford D60?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Wil:
What year is the 60 out of? If it's out of a Super Duty I believe the bolt pattern is different...anything old will be the same though imho (which could be wrong). I'm making a bit of an assumption that your going with a Ford D60?

Thanks for the reply Wil, ya its a 60 out of a 79 F-350. My only concern is that I dont want to have to cart around two spares.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by monzter:
I just bought a D-60 for the front of my truck, and Im looking at a 14 bolt for out back, they are the same bolt pattern arent they? I know theyre both 8 lug but is the lug hole spacing the same?
I think all the 8-lug rims less than 17" dia are on a 6.5" bolt-circle. I think that would include the F-350 Super Duty, but not the F-450 +.

What can vary, that I know of, is the central hub hole. If you go with aftermarket rims, I think they make the center hole for the largest application, and the rim simply locates on the lugs for other applications.

Here's one reference, but a quick tape-measurement on your D60 would let you know if it's 8 on 6.5. For sure, the GM 14-bolt FF will be 8 on 6.5:
http://virtual.oklahoman.net/hibdon/Wheels/Vehicles/Ford_Trucks.htm

------------------
Hey it's only a message board - Lighten Up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts