BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Sass came up with the ideea to try and backtrack the last day of last Year'S Whipsaw's trip. He warned us that it might not be passable due to the recent weather conditions.
I've skipped that last portion of the trip last year, so I really wanted to do this.
We met in Harrison, 3 trucks....fueled up and we hit the road. Once on the gravel road we stopped to air down. Just as we got out of the trucks, it started to dump hale like crazy

We stopped for a quick brake. Beautifull view of the river

Then we stopped at another beautifull cool waterfall. We met some people that were comming down...warning us of serious snowfall only 5 min up the road. We've barely seen any snow yup to this point in time so when we told them we're gonna try to push through, they decided to turn arround and give it another shot.
First we had to check out the waterfall though

Sass and his camera

Check out the video (select 480p resolutiojn...it's a little better):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W29vMpHCorY

I had to climb the wall on the way back up...THEY LEFT ME TEHRE! :)
Got soaked crawling up on the rock face with watter running down.

Once we started going again, it wasn't long till we started seeing serious snow...and very soon after that we were having a hard time pusing through. We still had a long way to go, and even though the GPS was telling us the road should drop down at lower altitude, we could see it still go up (more snow).

So we decided to turn arround, have a fire and something to eat. We had a good fire, good food, good company...stayed till it got dark, and got home just before 12am.

It was a nice trip...can't wait to do it again :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I was trying to fix a few spelling mistakes, but the "Edit Post" doesn't work :( Something to do with having pics in the post, cause I was able to edit this post...no problem.
Anyway...Mike,it was nice to go out with you again and Rob...I hope you can make it out more often man! Nice talking to you again!
Another vid of the turn arround point...just too much snow, and a LONG way to go.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Razonics13#p/a/u/0/dg_AnnJOpt0

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thanks for posting up Razvan, it was good to get out yesterday even though we got stopped by the snow (I told you guys to let the exploder go first! :D). Nice getting to put a face to the name Rob & little Rob :D We'll have to make plans to try for Boston Bar again in a month or so. This was our third attempt and still no luck getting through! Next time I think we should leave fish finger (Terry) at home! :laugh

·
ultimate web wheeler
2,359 Posts
some nice ones there guys! havent been through that area yet...definitely on the list. looks like a great day out with a mixed bag of weather...nothing a nice fire cant help out with. how far from hope to nahatlatch?

that waterfall makes for some great photo ops. a good start so far sass...its odd to see trip pics from ya :p . next time, bring a tripod, and set your camera to the S setting, and set to 10sec timer. try setting exposures ranging from 1/15~1" and you'll get the blurry water dreamy effect. shoot in raw and you'll be able to recover highlights in the water should they blow out (go all white). easier to get this effect in cloudy or darker light, not mid day as its too much light. and get that lens hood on, even in non sunny weather, it helps minimise rain etc on the front element...

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
thanks man. i still dont have a tripod yet. i did try shooting with long shutter speed but there is so much water that i doesnt look good. that waterfall is baisically a powerfull image and the fast shot captures it. i still need much more practice. right now its just hit and miss.

hey you have to come on on the next attempt man.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Nice pics, Sass, but imagine how much better they'd be if you had a Nikon. ;) Just kiddin'!

I like that K5 Blazer. Saw a beautiful one in White Rock, yesterday. Fully restored. Kind of a lime green which I think might've been a factory colour, IIRC. Great lookin' trucks.

...lars

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Nice pics guys. Sass, you're looking pretty professional with that fancy camera. :)

That waterfall is even cooler when it is covered in snow and all frozened up.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Nice pictures. Looks like a fun day. We tried to get up there February 7th. Looks like we made it a bit further but also got stopped by snow. Wonder if anyone every did any kayaking down those rapid shoots. Pretty strong current in some places. Next trip for that area is probably in May.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Nice pics, Sass, but imagine how much better they'd be if you had a Nikon. ;) Just kiddin'!

I like that K5 Blazer. Saw a beautiful one in White Rock, yesterday. Fully restored. Kind of a lime green which I think might've been a factory colour, IIRC. Great lookin' trucks.

...lars
Thanks Lars.
First "official" trail run with it.
They are getting fairly hard to find...I have always liked the dual headlight style of these trucks/jimmy's in those years.
Sass, great pics with the new toy!
Raz...expect to see more of us out there and really cool to see ya again man.
Mike it was good to finally put a face to the name...good to meet the Mrs. as well....and there is no way we can leave ol stink finger back at home. Think of the lost entertainment value.

(good to see ya again Wiser) :beer_cheers:

Great day out guy's.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Nice to see Rob and Little Rob gettin the Blazer out there, it's sure a sweet truck.

And to answer your previous questions Rob, we'll need to go cross over steering on it and we can measure for new shocks. I also have 4" rear blocks to help for now, but 4" blocks will get a lot of spring wrap.

. . . . We'll talk this weekend!

p.s. I've only got Chandler this weekend so you guys can crash Sat. night if you like.

:canadian

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The top isnt too bad Wil.
I want to seal around the quarter area with canopy tape and it leaks a little bit at the front windows (think it needs new seals)

Jordy we have some planning to do...and ya crashing Sat. sounds like a great idea. :beer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.