BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For $350. Threw the timing belt. Interference motor. Got some work to do obviously. Gonna pull the heads before I decide the motor is coming out. Haven't got it home yet, that won't happen til Monday or Tuesday. Fun times!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone know if a motor out of an 87 is the same as what's in this 92? They're both 3.0L V6's.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went and looked at said 87 motor and I looks identical to the 92 except that the older one is carved and the newer one is injected. Was hoping I could just swap the intake manifolds.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
before you go to far with it have a really good look at the rear frame where the shock mounts are, Pathys are nortorius for frames rotting from the inside out in that area.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why the original motor is coming out. Check your timing belts people!!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sure most of the damage was caused when the previous owner replaced the timing belt after it snapped and drove it for a couple more days :p

motor is now out and the piston is now my shop ashtray. Just waiting on some cash for gaskets so I can swap the intake onto this other motor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went and looked at said 87 motor and I looks identical to the 92 except that the older one is carved and the newer one is injected. Was hoping I could just swap the intake manifolds.
I worked on those things for 6 years, Motors are interchangeable but have to change intake/exh/accesories. And off course the valve covers if you want it to look newer.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I knew intake and assumed accessories. For exhaust you just mean manifolds? I was hoping to have the motor in this weekend but I've spent most of today just cleaning up the shop and getting my tools all wiped down and back to their homes so I can see if anything is missing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.