BC 4x4 Forums banner

boycott smittybilt!

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Greg 
#1 ·
i buy their product which turns out to be a piece of crap and then they don't respond to emails. bad product + bad customer service = 1 less customer. i'll let you all know if anything gets resolved, but at this point, i'm not too impressed with them.

#4 ·
Yes go out and spend 1000-1500 bucks on a nice mig welder and tube bender, 500 bucks on a torch and woila, you too can re-create what smittybuilt sells for 300 bucks. I build it when I can. But its not always feasible nor do I have all the skills needed to build everything for my truck.

#5 ·
So you don't realize you get what you pay for? Price out some aftermarket bumpers etc and you'll find out that you paid a lot less for your smittybuilt than some of the high quality products.

#9 ·
How was it a POS?? Just curious, i would have to say i hate all companies who have bad customer service, it just pisses me right off, but how was it so bad?? I had a smittybuilt on my 81 toy and never had a problem except with rust and at the price i paid i really didn't care, that's what tremclad is for??

#10 ·
spend $500 on a bumper thumper and now there are pieces peeling off of it and it's already rusting underneath. i've had it a little over a year, but in that time period, my truck has only been insured for like 5 months. plus the bolts that came with the bumper thumper weren't long enough and i had to go buy ones that actually fit. :angry

#11 ·
SizzleChest said:
spend $500 on a bumper thumper and now there are pieces peeling off of it and it's already rusting underneath. i've had it a little over a year, but in that time period, my truck has only been insured for like 5 months. plus the bolts that came with the bumper thumper weren't long enough and i had to go buy ones that actually fit. :angry
thats it?

#13 ·
SizzleChest said:
ya, that's it. i guess i expect $500 to go a bit furthur than most people nowadays...
Not when it comes to armor. That stuff is damned expensive. It takes high quality equipment, skills snd steel to make really good stuff. Thats why they are so expensive. A high end one would have probably cost double or more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.