BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got myself a Dana 44 front, Ford 9" rear sitting in my basement. The 9" is pretty much ready to go, but the Dana 44 needs some parts, so I've got some time to figure this out and any help would be appreciated. Here's my predicament... because I drive a coil sprung TJ, I need to get some fancy brackets for my axles. I've priced out quite a few and it appears the Rubicon Express brackets are not only the cheapest, but the most rugged.... problem is "cheapest" is still $499 for one axle and $549 for the other....

Thats a lot of dough! :eek:

Now, I don't want to reuse the old axles brackets, as it would require more of my time and because they have been known to break when mildly abused. What should I do for brackets? Does anyone know of anyone who makes brackets such as these? If necessary, I could buy one axle's brackets and bring them somewhere to get copied...

Anyhow, any help would be much appreciated guys. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Can't you just go to 4-offroad or NSOR and just have them fab a set for both axles for you? I am sure they have some history building the type of brackets you talk about.

4Lo is drooling over you future upgrades.

Are you talking about spring perches or contol arm brackets?:confused:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4Lo said:
Are you talking about spring perches or contol arm brackets?:confused:
Both, I need trac bar brackets, sway bar end links, spring perches, control arm brackets.... lots of stuff goes under a TJ, axles get pretty cluttered...

Any other tips?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Try NSOR and talk to Yasu. I know before he started working there he blew off a bracket and had NSOR make up new heavy Duty ones for his TJ. If they were smart, they either took note of the dimensions or made jigs.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
For the time and effort of making your own brackets its gonna take two days, how much is your labour worth?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
DAN

As all us avid 4 wheelers now, we want the recognition of "built it maself. So who cares what your time is worth when you can take pride in it. For most of us, our time is worth beer.:beer :D

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dan said:
For the time and effort of making your own brackets its gonna take two days, how much is your labour worth?
I'd love to fab them myself, but I don't have much time in my days to do so, or anywhere to do it, or any tools to do it with, etc etc etc.... Any hints Dan?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts