BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ve got a 77 landcruiser and when I purchased it, it had a new master cylinder already installed along with new calipers. When braking they feel spongy and take one pump to work normally. My back brakes lock up too, i dont know if this is because the rear is so light or?? but its annoying because on ice its very hard to control..near encounter last week

Ive replaced the brake lines and bled the system alot and nothing seems to work....

so my question is what could be wrong?? i was thinking unajusted wheel bearings or a pressure switch??? running out of ideas need help?

------------------
77 landcruiser 4SPEED
slow and steady wins the race
Toyotas Rock!!! though they are made with rotten metal.. anyway they still rock...!!!

[This message has been edited by Dutchboy (edited March 19, 2002).]

·
Registered
75 Posts
have you bleed the brake master cylinder? If you have air in there it won't matter how much you bleed the lines. I replaced both my rear cylinders and still had spongy brakes. I found out later that my brake master was leaking and taking in air. I replaced it and bled it and it solved my problem.

------------------
Peter
82 Toy, 31" 10.5's, header, Flowmaster, K&N, Ranchos, but still pretty stock

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive tried to bleed the master cylinder too but havent had any luck.... Is there a good way to bleed them.. Whats the proper way????
Mine doesnt have the bleed screws so i have to bleed throught the lines.. What is the little bolt on the side bottom for??? part do i open that too??
Thanks fo rthe help
Ben

------------------
77 landcruiser 4SPEED
slow and steady wins the race
Toyotas Rock!!! though they are made with rotten metal.. anyway they still rock...!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts