BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically my brakes suck. So naturally I figured My pads were worn, but I checked and there fine and fluid is full. Also if its not running the brakes dont work. Help please

Peter

·
Registered
492 Posts
Does your RPM change when idling if you put your foot on the brake? When you start the vehicle and you have your foot on the brake does the pedal drop a considerable amount? (should drop slightly and hold). could be a faulty booster too. (try taking the vacuum line off the booster when the vehicle is running and see if your rpms change.) Or your lines could be rotten and clogged like mine are, and aren't allowing the fluid to flow at a proper rate.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Pw82 said:
Basically my brakes suck. So naturally I figured My pads were worn, but I checked and there fine and fluid is full. Also if its not running the brakes dont work. Help please

Peter
Check the brake lines make sure one isn't pinched. You may have to flush the system or change the master cylinder. As for the brakes not working when the truck isn't on means that your brake system is vacuum assist. My ranger has the same thing, it sucks but better braking power on the road.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.