BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I awoke this morning to a 12" puddle of fluid under the passenger rear inner tire. It appears to be brake fluid. I assume the wheel cylinder assembly is toast and has caused my leak.

My question is: Is my assumption correct?

I have not had any experience with this repair. Front brakes are easy but I have never really ever had to work on drums. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW it is a '93 SR5 4x4 P/U V6 3.0

Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to respond.

·
Registered
400 Posts
thats a easy change ... you midaswell change the break pads while you have it apart ... just pull the tire of teh other side so you can see how things go back togeather

·
Registered
59 Posts
i wouldnt drive witht that if it is the brakes...make sure its not the axle seal...

if the shoes have gotton soaked in fluid you will have to replace them or else they wont be effective for stopping..best thing to do is go get a repair manual for your truck and take one side apart at a time so as not to forget anything...draw yourself a diargram to help if you dont trust your memory...and make sure you bleed the brakes after wards too...you will only have to bleed the back unless you let the fluid go down to far in the resevoir ...then youll have to do all brakes...
good luck
Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts