BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I just purchased a 2001 dodge dakota sport, its completely stock. Im have only ever owned cars before this and am very excited with my new ride but their is a couple of things i want to do to it and have no idea where to start finding the info. I live in abbotsford so if anyone who lives close to here could help me out or guide me in the right direction that would be great. I will list the things I wanna get done.
-bush bars front and rear
-Tow points
-I wanna lift it 3-6" and im not sure if a body lift or suspension lift is the way to go. I just want to put some bigger tires on, I dont plan on doing crazy trails but I want to feel confident when i head out to fishing spots or just cruises in the mountain
- Im not 100% on other things i should pick up so please let me know some essentials :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
welcome.

just take it for a drive the way it is for now if you are not sure what you need. after a few runs and running into others, you will soon find out what works for you.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I owned a 2003 several years back and I started out with a 3" bodylift and a mild torsion bar crank to level off the front end. With this combination I was able to to succesfully wheel that truck for almost ten years. The biggest tire I could fit were 34x10.50 16in. When that wasnt enough I installed a front solid axle from a Ford truck along with about ten inches of total lift.

You wont find a suspension lift for that truck anymore. Nobody makes them anymore. Too small of a market. As far as a front winch bumper goes, you can buy one for thousands of dollars shipped to you or you can have a local shop make one for you but its time consuming and will probably still cost you $2000.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
This is a picture of my truck with the 3" bodylift, 2" torsion bar crank and 34x10.50 16in tires.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts