BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bronco 2 transfer case needed or something else that will fit. currently truck was bobbed and cut roof off, re welded rear hatch to behind seat.
previous owner dropped in 5 litre motor from mustang HO.
when he did the conversion there was not enough room to put a transfer case in..
so i need something ..just not sure what transfer case will fit...any idea's ??

·
Registered
898 Posts
See my reply in the other forum, or stop by (I'm just off Kingsway, a block from Studebaker's). I don't have a spare T-case, but I do have a chopped BII.....

------------------
Blue coyote
"Broncenstein" is:
chopped 84 BII
(early model Navigator)
6" lift, 32's
4.10's w. rear l/s

[This message has been edited by Blue coyote (edited August 08, 2001).]

·
Registered
898 Posts
Originally posted by toplessbronco2:
i have a 84 bronco 2that i chopped off the roof and made a rag top for it .

i need a trani for it . a real cheep one !
Which tranny?

I have a few A4LD parts from the wife's old one (pretty cooked, though...)

I have a T/K 5-speed, but its a 2wd version, so its just spare parts...

I have several 2wd C4's which could work to replace a C5...

And I have a 2wd C3 that works fine. $10 and its all yours

------------------
Blue coyote
"Broncenstein" is:
chopped 84 BII
(early model Navigator)
6" lift, 32's
4.10's w. rear l/s

·
Registered
4 Posts
im not sure what trani it is ! it is a four wheel drive . i was under the impression that that year only came with one .
this thing slips in 2nd gear .the funny thing is it only started doing it after i put the body lift in .

or mabe you have an idea on an alternative??

·
Registered
898 Posts
im not sure what trani it is !
this thing slips in 2nd gear .the funny thing is it only started doing it after i put the body lift in .

or mabe you have an idea on an alternative??
Okay, if its slipping in 2nd, I'll assume its an auto tranny
Is it a 3 speed, or an overdrive?

Either way, double check the fluid level/condition (follow the proper directions to get an accurate reading).

If its a 3 speed, you can swap parts from it onto a C4, which is easy and fairly cheap to come by. If its a 4 speed overdrive tranny, start looking for a replacement while the one you have still works, trust me

Got any pics of your chop?
Mine are at http://www.Broncenstein.homestead.com/Untitled1.html

------------------
Blue coyote
"Broncenstein" is:
chopped 84 BII
(early model Navigator)
6" lift, 32's
4.10's w. rear l/s

·
Registered
4 Posts

Mine did the same thing, you just have to crawl under your rig and adjust the linkage. only took me about 5 mins. followed the directions in my trusty HAYES Manual....

L8er

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Blue coyote:
Okay, if its slipping in 2nd, I'll assume its an auto tranny
Is it a 3 speed, or an overdrive?

Either way, double check the fluid level/condition (follow the proper directions to get an accurate reading).

If its a 3 speed, you can swap parts from it onto a C4, which is easy and fairly cheap to come by. If its a 4 speed overdrive tranny, start looking for a replacement while the one you have still works, trust me

Got any pics of your chop?
Mine are at http://www.Broncenstein.homestead.com/Untitled1.html

i havnt got any pics developed yet . as for the trani , its a 3 speed .
by the way i checked out your pics. Nice truck ! I kept the bottom of the back hatch and use it as the gate . Havnt hinged it yet , but the latches hold it on quite nice . What did ya do for a top ?? and do ya know where i can pick up a roll bar for it . I was thinking a rear roll bar like the fourrunners have in the back .!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by DIABLO:
Mine did the same thing, you just have to crawl under your rig and adjust the linkage. only took me about 5 mins. followed the directions in my trusty HAYES Manual....

L8er
thanks for the info . ya know i was thinking the same thing but i wasnt quite sure how it could affect the trani shifting automaticaly .
but ill look into it !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts