BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a guy here in town who among other items has a 72 Bronco frame and Dana 44 housing. The prices are 200 and 60 respectively. I was planning to pick up an EB eventually for my next project and strip it right down to stuff in 351/C6/205 and reinforce the steering box etc. Would these be worth picking up and swapping over whatever I need to do later after I pick up a whole truck?

------------------
bog til you're broke
(if you can afford it)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by Leslie:
Theres a guy here in town who among other items has a 72 Bronco frame and Dana 44 housing. The prices are 200 and 60 respectively. I was planning to pick up an EB eventually for my next project and strip it right down to stuff in 351/C6/205 and reinforce the steering box etc. Would these be worth picking up and swapping over whatever I need to do later after I pick up a whole truck?

Thats' a screaming deal. If they were down in the states for that they would be gone by now. Especially if the frame has a title.

------------------
Professional Cheese Taster with the ability to satisfy many fine women at the same time----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
decent price on the housing, if you plan to keep it stock width forever. Otherwise you should be able to find a full size D44 complete with knuckles disc brakes and shafts for near that, and lop a few inches off the passenger side to get the length you want. I couldn't give my frame away (77) so I sent it to the crusher. If you're in the market, $60 seems decent if its worth having. check inside the rails at the back body mounts, they can rust pretty bad there.

------------------
Drive fast, take chances!
-If you give a man fire he'll be warm for a day. If you set a man on fire
he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts