BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I've been having some problems with my bronco, starts up fine when its cold and will idel for about 15 min then just dies and you cannot start it back up again for at least 15 min, it's an 84 bronco II with a 2.8 L engine, and currently the thing will not start at all and there is no spark at the plugs, I changed the coil and still no spark, do you think it may be the TFI IV ignition module on the distributor and is there any way to test to see if yours is shot, because it is not a cheap part and I don't want to buy it if I don't need it, if anyone has any idea on what my problem may be please please help me!!

------------------
84 bronce II, soon to be lifted, kick ass stereo.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by Wackston:
ok I've been having some problems with my bronco, starts up fine when its cold and will idel for about 15 min then just dies and you cannot start it back up again for at least 15 min, it's an 84 bronco II with a 2.8 L engine, and currently the thing will not start at all and there is no spark at the plugs, I changed the coil and still no spark, do you think it may be the TFI IV ignition module on the distributor and is there any way to test to see if yours is shot, because it is not a cheap part and I don't want to buy it if I don't need it, if anyone has any idea on what my problem may be please please help me!!
Sounds like you are looking in the right place. You can borrow mine to try if like.

------------------
I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.