BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just wondering what kinda performance parts are availible for a 2.8L V6 engine, and what companies have a webpage where I can look at some performance parts, the old stock 2.8 just isnt putting out enough horses and I don't have the cash to spend on a complete swap for a V8 so I was looking to throw on some parts,,,, any info would be appriciated

·
Registered
15 Posts
your pretty mush out of luck unless you want to spend the same amount that you would for a v8 swap.
headers run 500.
you can get a tbi conversion for your carb
if you can find a supplier

i had a 2.8 and gave up on it

the only thing i can reccomend is a better
coil(msg or a jacobs ignition system.

k and n filter

electric fan with a kill switch (that scraping for a .2 of a horse)

better plugs

hollow out the cat converter

thats it

Originally posted by Wackston:
Hey everyone just wondering what kinda performance parts are availible for a 2.8L V6 engine, and what companies have a webpage where I can look at some performance parts, the old stock 2.8 just isnt putting out enough horses and I don't have the cash to spend on a complete swap for a V8 so I was looking to throw on some parts,,,, any info would be appriciated

·
Registered
898 Posts
Unfortunately, LAWRENCE is pretty close to the truth on this one, unless you get lucky.

Offenhauser makes a 4 bbl intake for the 2.8 (mine has a 400 cfm Carter on it)

You can ditch the stock carb and ignition in favour of the Duraspark distributor, an MSD box, and a non-feedback carb

You can get a cam custom ground

I swapped a set of Aerostar stock headers, dual big-block cats, and a Mustang 5.0 exhaust in as well. Even just fabricating a Y pipe with a larger diameter would help, though.

If most of my mods had cost me full price (I got a deal on an engine that was already modified, and most of my other mods were done with parts I either had sitting around or got cheap at the wrecker...), then a 5.0 swap probably would have been cheaper.

------------------
Blue coyote
"Broncenstein" is:
chopped 84 BII
(early model Navigator)
6" lift, 32's
4.10's w. rear l/s

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thats pretty much what I figured as well, I've looked at tons of web sites for engine parts and about all I ever find for that motor is headers and KN filters, ohh well.

------------------
84 bronce II, soon to be lifted, kick ass stereo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts