BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to swap a 95' or later 5.0 H.O. into my broncoII just want to know if any one has done this particular swap and has suggestions or any good ideas as you may know by now i am using mog portal axles standard chop top exo cage fillited into body

·
Registered
898 Posts
Do a search at http://rrorc.com and http://www.therangerstation.com for lots of info, as well as links to several other sites with V8 swap options.

Oh, dude, you GOTTA have pics of the hybrid. I've been having wet-dreams of Broncenstein on a set of portal axles for about 2 years......

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Buy "'95 or later" do ya mean '95 or newer??
Cause I believe that '96 was first year of 4.6L (end of 5.0L) for Mustangs anyways. Which is what you want right?
Not much for major differences between '86 to '95 H.O. engines, besides the prefered M.A.F. system that is on '89+ engines. And forged pistons were used but I forget the year span.

·
Registered
66 Posts
they made 5.0liter engines since 68 all the way to 96, in 86 they became fuel injected. In mustangs 95 was the last year for 5.0liters, in 96 you could get them in trucks. as far as i know

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
mustangs to 95, exploders kept going after that.
the best/easiest is to use the 89-93 mustang harness with whatever 87+ motor you find. the later models are OBD2 and not really receptive to changes and swaps. The aftermaket support is almost all for the 89-93. I stuck a 5.0 in my Ranger, come see any time if you get out this way.

·
Registered
158 Posts
When your looking for a 5.0L HO what you want is one with the MAF (Mass Air Flow) these are the ones that are somewhat easier to work on & more reliable. You should be able to go back as far as an '89.

The Mustang motors are cool, 225hp, but if you can find one out of an Explorer they came with the cast iron GT40 heads = more hp :*******

1 - 8 of 8 Posts