BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 80 bronco with 9 inches total into it and 33's on it right now, and i dont know what else i can do to it. i want to flare the fenders but theyre too much.... how would i go abouts to do that? plus, what other cool ideas do you guys and girls have?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Lockers...bigger tires...4.11 gears...on board air...roll cage...swivel vise on back bumper:*******

·
Registered
296 Posts
- SAS, (Solid axle swap) its so easy to do on these trucks.
- 38" swampers or more
- go for the fender flares
- 4:11 or higher gears (4:11 is still good on the highway)
- Fuel inject the engine
- 8000lb winch or more
- roll bar if your into serious wheeling :D

:welder

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Ditch the 9" of lift, get a nice compliant 4" lift with 37" radials, or get a sawzall to make room for the 40's if you don't like a drivable truck :******* .
You should have no trouble fitting 33's with NO LIFT. A bit of trimming here and there only. If you get rid of the lift it will ride and drive much better. the only place you need to be that tall is for mud and swamps perhaps, but then 33's ain't gonna cut it there anyway! Cut it out and screw the flares!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, it looks pinner as hell with the 33's on it, but i got a picture of it with the 40's on it and it was just an amazing truck when those were on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, here is a list of everything that i know i have
tires:
i got 31's,33's,40's
edelbrock intake
hooker headers and exhaust
roll bars
light bar with 4 hella lights
convertible top
6" rancho suspension
3" home made body lift:D
??? cam(dont know what it is, but beefy as hell)
411 gears
thats about all the interesting stuff, its not the greatest truck, but i found the perfect toy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lookin for Bronco Goodies

I'm looking for goodies for an 85 Bronco that is mechanically Mint but needs a whole bunch of cosmetic work. Panels etc..

Let me know if you guys have anything. I really really need a tailgate with the motorized Window.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my friend that i baught the bronco off of didnt do a very good job on the suspension. he kinda mickey moused 2 coils together
thats why i need to know whats a good 6 " lift kit? sky jacker :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Others may have had better luck but i would never buy skyjacker again.I bent both radius arms which took out the rest of my front end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 9" skyjacker suspension in my 79 Bronco, have had no probs with it. It is a little stiff in the front, but the rear flexes like crazy. It is pretty squeeky as well, but I also have all urethane bushings...Never had any probs with the radius arms, but I still have the stck Ford arms, just used drop brackets...

------------------------
1979 ford bronco
9" skyjacker suspesion
3" body lift
35" BFG mudders...bigger swampers comin soon!!
VI'd on July 30th :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've gone to the same style you have after swapping axles and have no problems since.It was the ttb style arms that folded.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Look into a BDS lift...the coils have a nice rate to them...as for the skyjacker thingy, I believe it is how hard you wheel. The superlift extended rad arms look stronger than the skyjacker ones but who knows. Do a solid axle like 2-bits truck this will be the best thing that you can do if you are going to be running bigger tires in the near future.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its not bad offroad, but im sure with some new suspension it would be better. its still as hell and constantly squeeking. its big and all, just not what i want for susupension

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
NoLordcoJunk said:
its not bad offroad, but im sure with some new suspension it would be better. its still as hell and constantly squeeking. its big and all, just not what i want for susupension
Than I have two words for you... SOLID AXLE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts