BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
My buddy's got a complete set up for that swap that he might be selling, i'll talk to him and find out asap. includes 3.8, adapter plate, th350, etc.,etc......and lots of spare parts.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an engine already and I found every thing else for a $1000.00 this includs turbo 350 trans and GM t-case, engine mounts duel exh and drive shafts. And I was looking more into details about the swap,but if your buddy wants to make a deal I am interested.

[This message has been edited by toyotaly chad (edited January 24, 2002).]

·
Registered
387 Posts
a 3.8L buick? thats a v6, that sounds like a good engine for a toy! what kind of horse power and torque do you get out of thoughs 3.8's? good luck!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Go for the buick grand national 3.8L in 87 they had over 275hp and 330lbs of torque but I don't know if anyone has put one of those in. probably hard to find an expenive..

------------------
Sold 85 Toyota extra cab 4x4 2" lift 33" BFG M/T with lots of tire rub!
Wanted 84/85 4runner, needed a few more seats less rust, and a beter FRAME.

·
Registered
345 Posts
That is where I come in. My buddy has a turbo 3.8l out of a grand national (carburated) Comes whith a newly rebuilt turbo 350 with a shift kit. The whole setup runs great and he is selling it for $800 if you are really interested contact me and i could give out his number. He is local- SURREY.

·
Registered
183 Posts
go for supercharged out of thunderbird yea

------------------
SOLD!!!!!!
81 bronco, 35" mud kings, 6 inch lift , 1 inch body lift,ALARM, cb.
8000lb warn winch.
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
<NOW SPORTIN A CHEVY>

·
Registered
12 Posts
totally chad,
i'll ask my buddy what he is planning to do w/his set up, right now its sitting in his written off 82 l/b. if his going to sell, i'll get back to you.

mudrunner,
as i recall, 3.8 buicks make [email protected] and 190ftlbs [email protected]! Pretty damn good for wheeling in a toy. especially having all that torque available at such low rpm.

·
Registered
56 Posts
a little off topic but I have heard bad things about the supercharged t-bird motors like they break crankshafts like I will be breaking birfields with my 350 and dueling lockers.

------------------
wheels, passenger side, roof, drivers side, wheels. am I broken? no . that was fun!

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah pumpkinmobile, your right, i guy i knew broke the crank in his supercoupe. crap motors and extremely difficult to work on, everything is so tight and difficult to get at, even if it was in a toy, that's the last thing you want in the bush. it's something silly like 3 hours to change the plugs, in the sc of course.
toyotaly chad, don't know about 3.8 set-up yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts