BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to do the buick v6 conversion for the samurai? and what litre engine do you use?

------------------
"Do you think it'll roll"
"Nah"
"we're at a bad angle"
"nah, we're good"
"dude! we're goin over"
"nah.. oh.. shit we are!"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmmmm...

Don't think that I would do it with the stock Drive Train, 175hp+. Pretty heavy up front so the suspension will need work. Other than that, not a clue..
BUT
If you need a '88 4.3 (non vortec) I have one that is brand new. I won't be using it for my conversion and will sell for cost.

------------------
have acreage , will fill

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
Buick?!
I hope you mean chevy... Jude there is a ton of work involved. Forget it unless you are willing to pay for it big time. Trust me I no what the f I'm talking about. Get a 1600 or a 2.0L or something a little more straight forward.

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put a 3.8L olds engine in my 86 sammy, It was easier than puting in the rotary rx-7 motor I had before this 3.8. It is know doubt heavier than a Zuk motor but the power is sweet.I only paid 100.00 for the motor and trans TH350. I think its worth the effort. just my two cents. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Jude, I thought u were gonna sell that thing??? But whatever sounds like a crazy setup

by the way i want my amp back!

------------------
92 YJ with 3 inch lift running 31's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.