BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am looking into building a new tubular bumper sortat like the all-pro but with an upper bull bar. I recently found one that I really like but it is built as part of an exo cage and would be kinda week on its own. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where to attach it to the frame more solidly. Here of a couple pics of what I am looking at.

apparently the pics stopped working so just use the linkhttp://www.pirate4x4.com/glenn2/exocage/

As you can see it is only attached to the frame in two points under the winch. I need adeas of how to streathen the design to stand alone w/o the rest of the exo. Also I would like to build just a bolt on design rather then weld it on.

[This message has been edited by Poor A$$ Stock '93 (edited March 04, 2002).]

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone have an All-pro or similar bumper? I could use some close up pics of the mounts. I need to design the mounts on my bumber to be strong enought to winch off of and the mounts that this one has probably won't be strong enough w/o the support of the rest of the cage.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't think that anyone will answer you anytime soon......just thought i'd mess with you a little

------------------
Modifications? Lets see...... rear end drag from moose hunting, custom built canopy door, Pioneer deck with two, thats right two 6X9s, and bent bumper cowling from stupid wheeling move :) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts