BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to the look out tonight and counted 4 burned out wrecks. One VW by the lake 5 min in from the Dam, Honda Civic before Sayers, 90's NAmerican car past Sayers, and another car at fork way past sayers.

What's up with that:angry

Perhaps the guy at the gate isn't balancing his quota sheet properly cause 4 more went in than went out. :(

We also picked up about 40 beer cans at the look out... almost pays for my gas :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
See....... you gate eagle and now the A**hole thieves are moving east with the dump and burn routine....

Solution...Have ICBC install one of those now-unused photo radar camera's and snap off a few shots of the vehicles entering and leaving..........those with nothing to hide have nothing to fear.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've seen 1 old Civic, 2 old Accords, 1 old domestic, and a Tracker.

Still better than Strawberry Island out past Mission, or McNutt in Maple Ridge.

·
Registered
371 Posts
snap off a few shots of the vehicles entering and leaving..........those with nothing to hide have nothing to fear.
he he, won`t they just end up with nice pics of vehicles before they are burned?

I say tougher sentences for car theft. How about a ten year driving ban or something that would make them think more, if they can.
If they start hearing about a guy losing his liscense for ten years they might slow down.

OR, someone form an armed guerilla cell, live in the bushes around Stave and exterminate everyone within the area lit by a burning vehicle. Women & children can be let go of course, but on foot, and only after seeing their criminal fathers/ spouses killed and/or dismembered, while getting a sermon on how car theft makes us all pay. Any dogs have to be killed too, and arranged on the ground in positions they could have been while still alive, such as begging for food, or sitting pretty.

Finally the bodies would "ironically" be added to they fire they had set, which can get a pretty good grease fire happening, although the odor can be somewhat unpleasant.

-I only saw one car there three weeks ago, you may be right about Eagle traffic coming there.

·
Registered
382 Posts
ld50 said:

he he, won`t they just end up with nice pics of vehicles before they are burned?

My reasoning is that the perpetrators are likely to drive OUT in something.... if you have three going in and only one out I would surmise that the one leaving is the one with the thieves in it.....
It might give the authorities something to go on... especially if the losers set a huge forest fire

I think you might be going just a tad too far:rolleyes: with the whole armed militia thing.......

·
Registered
192 Posts
ld50 said:
I say tougher sentences for car theft. How about a ten year driving ban or something that would make them think more, if they can.
If they start hearing about a guy losing his liscense for ten years they might slow down.
I agree, even though I don't know what the current sentences are. Anyone know?

·
Registered
296 Posts
When I was up at Stave 2 1/2 weeks ago I saw a burnt out ride-on lawnmower(no s hit) and after a good look, what appeared to be a burnt out Chevy Chevette WTF why not take this crap to the recycle place. Not as much fun I guess, better to burn down the mountain. Phuckers. Oh yeah there is no rent-a-cop during most weekdays.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Only seen the security dude once, and that was on my way out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
pony said:

Perhaps the guy at the gate isn't balancing his quota sheet properly cause 4 more went in than went out. :(
I've never been to Stave and I have not idea what the booth is like but a video camera watching who goes in in what and with how many passengers might not be a bad idea. At least that way when a stolen burned out wreck is found the can see who brought it in, and who gave them a ride out. Just slap some heavy steel around the box and recorder or even make it protable to stop it from being vanalized. I'm assuming that it's not staffed 24/7.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: Burned Wreck on Stave West

Spudzz said:
Just slap some heavy steel around the box and recorder
Hard to protect it using a slug from a 3" Mag 12GA. This reminds me of IT Security - Crackers use less ingenuity to get around walls than the ingenuity it took to build them. It's hard to stay ahead.

For them to install the security needed to stop these loosers, are we going to be comfortable ourselves :confused: More partrols = more security but no funding for it.

One thought... the licence plate that security records on the way in, where does it go? In a note pad or entered into an online database with RCMP, if the car is stolen it may have been reported by the time it gets to Stave. Again though, who's funding rent a guard 24/7?

:violin

What could the off road community do to get those wrecks out of there? What do you do once you've dragged them to the Dam?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Kay maybe the militia thing would be a bit far, but as far as the camera goes, once it was spotted, If I was a punk I would just split up from my ride back and enter at different times. The video would have to be monitored 24hrs and immediately checked with stolen car lists to really do any good.
I don`t think "we" can really do anything with those wrecks, since they have to be examined for serial #s, reported to ICBC if they are insured, then ICBC recovers them and stores them until they can give the poor sap who lost it as little recompensation as they can, and then it`s scrap time. I suppose they could be dragged to the gate, but I dunno if it helps.
I`m worried that they may gate those areas permanently soon, so I wish people wouldn`t do this! Then they will be torching cars down back alleys and stuff anyway.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Maybe the old vantage of keeping an eye out for this crap
if we see a suspicious vehicle we need to record and report it
I personally give really :angry stares at people that seem out of place in the fsr and trails and I will stop and ask what they are doing there.
If we dont attempt to curb this it will get out of hand and they will gate these areas :(
that would really suck
So do what you can and hope for the best
but above all be leary of those who do not belong:canadian

·
Registered
3 Posts
As for the punishment...
My truck got stolen from the underground of my apartment building... the big thing is I caught the guy... the guy pulled out a knife... and I did not feel like getting another hole in me so I let him take the truck. The guy was easy to track down, he had not fingers on one hand, the real sad thing was he is a acquaintance of a friend of a friend... so I got his name, gave it to the police, even got his address of where he was staying... but so far... nothing...

But on the bright side when he left (with my truck) I guess he was scared and forgot his buddy in another truck.. The police got there with a dog... and the dog found him in the truck.. ahhh what a feeling it was to hear that kid scream with the dog biting him in the cab of that truck... the cops got him in the back of the cop car and apparently the kid was in allot of pain, but the cop was in no hurry.

And as for taking pictures... as far as I know these kids don’t own a car they just steel something and drive it.. So they will be just leaving in a stolen car...

And my truck ended up being on of thoes flaming wreckes...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts