BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, how many of you have knowledge of 95 ZJ Ltd's w/ a V8? I got a good lead and an amazing price on one.
Anything I should keep an eye out for?
It drives well but then it was my first time behind a ZJ V8.
I'm getting it checked out tommorrow by the a shop that my friend works at. Gonna hook it up to the computer.
If anyone knows anything to look out for, please let me know. It'll be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

------------------
90 XJ traded it for
91 YJ stolen, replaced with
92 YJ

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Comming from a experienced ZJ owner, Look under the dash for a white box(some ZJ's it is blsck), it will be on the left of the stearing columb,smell it, if it smalls like nurning then expect to either have a fire in about a month or so or just screw up and perminantly leave your high beams on. it is only about a $100 to fix, this is a comon problem and unfortunatly not a recal. and not that big of a deal tho. also look around the T-case for leaks. the rear seal is prone to go. Look at the rear dif. with a V8 you should have a aluminum D44, if the previous owner took it of road this thing would be all scratched up. and check the front CV joints and boots, put it into 4 wheel drive and turn some sharp corners, if you hear a sound like cracking knucles then one CV joint is bad.

hope this helps

------------------
94 zj, platnum +4 plugs, xenon lights, 2 inch custom lift 31x10.5, k&n,
Word.
Peace Out G,
Kraqa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.