BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i'm new here and need some help. I looked on the net for hours days and can't find what is a good lift kit for my 2007 jeed wrangler unlimited x. I'm going to put on a 3 to 4 inch lift and like with 35 on. I don't like to just ask butt i can't find any thing on this. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a 4 door and my budget is around 1500 for the shock springs and bars. It's going to be a weeked warrior but if i can get the next best thing down from a long arm be nice i just don't know enough about it. Like from standard to flex to all the different names of lifts. I'm looking for a stong lift kit so i'm not breaking down in the bush!!! I just don't want to put %[email protected] in my jeep. i'm not going to be rock crawling hard with it or if any but i like to go where not alot can lol. I tryed to find a top 5 list or some thing like that and came up scratching my head lol. I look at kits from $800 to 1450 full kits with shocks but i don't know the difference from flex to standard theres ( bds) for $1399 skyjacker for $1000 TeraFlex 3” Suspension System w/Full FlexArm System with shocks for $1450 and so many more

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
http://claytonoffroad.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_22&products_id=43

Its not long arm, but the parts take the abuse. Just lube the joints often. You need to also order shocks with the kit. Just get them from Clayton too.

Good stuff usually ain't cheap. Cheap costs less now and a whole lot more later. Only spend the money once.

My suggestion on looking for kits, go to places like Jeepsunlimited.com forum and do a search for reviews on a particular kit. Go to Pirate4x4.com forum and go into the JK section and also do a search for reviews on each lift kit you look at. There will be alot of people with do-over stories posted. Learn from them. Your questions have been asked many times before.

good luck

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I would really suggest looking at long arm kits. You can lift with long arms and actually get a better ride. Most short arm lifts give you a choppier ride and not as much articulation as long arm kits, so basically you are losing performance. Why spend money to make your rig ride crappier?

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the teraflex long arm 6". My buddy has the 4". It is a very nice kit. I would recommend the TeraFlex 3” Suspension System w/Full FlexArm System with shocks for $1450 like you suggested. Try and remember that the JK has longer arms than the TJ. A JK could be considered a long arm TJ. So if you got a long arm JK that would be some long ass arms lol!!! The 3" flexarm will give you a tall 3" lift. My 6" lift gave me 8 inches of lift. Like wesrempel said check out other foums. The largest and most complete forum for the jk is www.jk-forum.com . This is my bible. www.jk-owners.com is good too. Erik

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.