BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My B-in-law has a Bronco II with the BW1350 xsfer case. He wants to tow it, which is no big deal with the 1350, but his is the electric shift version and does not have a neutral switch. Does anybody know how to get it into neutral? His switches only allow 4wd low and 4wd hi, with 2wd as default. Is there way to override the electric shift motor to get it into neutral? Thanx...
Chuck

·
Registered
898 Posts
Don't worry, the T-case doesn't have to be in neutral. Leave it in 2H, put the tranny in neutral, and you're good to go. just don't try towing it in 4x4 mode....

------------------
Blue coyote
"Broncenstein" is:
chopped 84 BII
(early model Navigator)
6" lift, 32's
4.10's w. rear l/s

·
Registered
583 Posts
Originally posted by tailgummer:
My B-in-law has a Bronco II with the BW1350 xsfer case. He wants to tow it, which is no big deal with the 1350, but his is the electric shift version and does not have a neutral switch. Does anybody know how to get it into neutral? His switches only allow 4wd low and 4wd hi, with 2wd as default. Is there way to override the electric shift motor to get it into neutral? Thanx...
Chuck
There is something that you can get from Ford to ut it in Neutral for flat towing. Not exactly sure what it is but I'm sure the owners manual makes reference to it. Go to a dealer see what it is. Maybe it's something simple you can make yourself.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
New Westminster, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys. We can't put the tranny in neutral as it is an auto. I don't think the C3 lubes from the tail shaft. I'll check with Ford and see what they have. Seems like it should be easy as the manual shift had a neutral.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts