BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have any info on installing a caddy 472 into a LC?? what tranny?? what transfer?? 205??chev axles?? any help would be appreciated:confused:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I remember a couple years back they did a feature story on a FJ55 with a caddy big block stuffed into it.

I believ it was 4Wheeler, but it might have been OffRoad (magazines I mean)

Myabe check out their websites and direct the questions to the editor for more info?

HTH

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would say all that you would need are some need motor mounts and a plate. for the plate you could go to AA or Extreme Bends. the stock axles and tranny should hold up alright.

·
Registered
118 Posts
just my usual plug to register with the Land Cruiser Mailing List and ask there. For sure you will get answers to anything you can dream up to do with cruisers and I know this has been done before.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would go to www.pirate4x4.com and search around there and if you don't find anything through your search ask about it. they will defenitly be able to answer your questions.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i guess you need to join the landcruiser board because they rejected my post

G

·
Auto or standard?For an auto look for a 6.2 chev diesel 4x4 and use the 400 tranny from it.It has the BOP bolt pattern you need.As for cooling a 5core aluminum should do the trick.There is a caddy performance shop in the states forget the name.They can set you up with a standard bellhousing and flywheel.With an aluminum manifold and headers they weigh in at 25 pounds over a stock 350.Interesting choice and should be a cool project.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was thinking of using the stock caddy rad...any thoughts, also i was told i could use the caddy tranny if i convert to a th400 4x4 output shaft. again.. any thoughts? thanks for the advice so far!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rob, do you know if chev uses a married or divorced transfercase in the diesel 4x4?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
rob said:
Auto or standard?For an auto look for a 6.2 chev diesel 4x4 and use the 400 tranny from it.It has the BOP bolt pattern you need.
:confused2 Noooooo... A 6.2 diesel has a regular small-block/big-block pattern. You're thinking of the old 5.7L Olds diesel. 4x4's with the Olds diesel are virtually non-existent.

If anyone does come across a good running 6.2 diesel, I do need one :mullet :******* :welder

G

·
u2slow said:

:confused2 Noooooo... A 6.2 diesel has a regular small-block/big-block pattern. You're thinking of the old 5.7L Olds diesel. 4x4's with the Olds diesel are virtually non-existent.

If anyone does come across a good running 6.2 diesel, I do need one :mullet :******* :welder
Thats weird I knew the olds 350's were the same but I thought the 6.2 was as well.Sorry for the confusion there.Seemed to me I'd done a couple and the bellhousing had the dip at the top.At any rate you can find a tranny and yes you can use the caddy tranny just though it would be easier to get a complete 4x4 ready unit.BTW transfercase is married.Where would you put your headlights if you used the caddy rad :D

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
duh i don't know... i have'nt looked at the rad as of yet but will check it out in the next couple of days

1 - 18 of 18 Posts