BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a calmini 3" suspension lift, will be here soon. Wondering if anyone knows what size tires I can run with that? I have a 97 sidekick. Also looking to ideas on a bumper. It's hard to find something that looks good on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My friend just had it on his sidekick 4 doors. It was like a 5" lift and a little bit tow in right after everything 's been done.
But the coil will settle back to 3" in like a month or something . I think you should drive it for a while with the stock tire and then think of the tire when it settle down . It suggest you to use 29" to 31" tire in the instruction paper even though I saw a 33" tire on the calmini site , I thought its for show truck , just stay with no bigger than 31" then you will be all fine !
---------------------------------------------
92 samurai still stock !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My friend just had it on his sidekick 4 doors. It was like a 5" lift and a little bit tow in right after everything 's been done.
But the coil will settle back to 3" in like a month or something . I think you should drive it for a while with the stock tire and then think of the tire when it settle down . It suggest you to use 29" to 31" tire in the instruction paper even though I saw a 33" tire on the calmini site , I thought its for show truck , just stay with no bigger than 31" then you will be all fine !

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
hello tracy this is john roz,s son from the weekend , i have some ideas .have you seen caliminis bumper it look nice and would be eaze to copy.call me if your intrested 618 5272

------------------
Roz

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by Trazzzy:
I just ordered a calmini 3" suspension lift, will be here soon. Wondering if anyone knows what size tires I can run with that? I have a 97 sidekick. Also looking to ideas on a bumper. It's hard to find something that looks good on it.
You'll find the gearing to be more of a problem than the tire rubbing. I've found 30" actual diameter tires worked well with about 3" suspension lift. It all depends on what offset and width rims your using.

As far as bumpers go, I've seen quite a few custom made ones, but really like the calmini one. Nice clean welds, and good mounting, although I don't like how the bumper does not curve up to meet the recession by the tail lights, but thats just personal preferance. Yes it's possible to copy, but to do the same level of work and fit it will take some time. If you aren't doing the work yourself then doesn't time=money?

What else have you done to your sidekick so far? I keep seing more and more of them lifted around town (Langley/Surrey), so I guess their getting more popular.

Good luck with your new upgrades!

Ryan Gates
92 Sidekick
72 Dodge Demon

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey trazy

i am mike, and i glad to hear you that you gonna to install this kit with me.I am quite amazing after the kit installed to my car"jeep ?",but time after time, the heigh of the gap between the tire and fender has become closer and closer now.Therefore, this calmini kit provide so many minor problem such as the front wheel has a bit toe-in, the front suspension has some weird noise when you run too fast across the sharp bump at the mall,some of the nuts need to be adjust everyweek, the drive axle is really nosiy over 60km/h,and the nut that on the top of the rear differential has loose every several day.

hope we can shape more information of that kit and solve the those problem together later on

enjoy the kit on the trail !

------------------
Fat Mike
94 Silly sidekick with 3" calmini suspension lift

·
Registered
73 Posts
also i have to tell you that you may need the wider tire but not the taller one because whenever i turn to the corner the tire would be complaining to me.However, wider tire you put on the feet of your car; you will be sure to be rubbering while th trail.Therefore, wider tire on the car will proivde more tracion between the tire and the road. You will be feel that the car seem very slow in accleration especailly in stop and go condition.As my case, i am using 225/70/15 AT,and it is use enough for the my car appearance " i mean the look which is just perfectly under the fender".Definietly it maybe seems small to you but it does already provide well heavy enough for the accleration. If you really wanna to go for fatter tire, you have to respond it without #@*%@$*.
BTW, i am sleepy now as you can see the post wrote at 4am ,so if some of the word make you confuse please forgive me and guess the meaning please. i will be post more later on when the kit has more thing to say

------------------
Fat Mike
94 Silly sidekick with 3" calmini suspension lift

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by fat mike:
hey trazy
some of the nuts need to be adjust everyweek, the drive axle is really nosiy over 60km/h,and the nut that on the top of the rear differential has loose every several day.
None of the nuts should have to be adjusted at all after instalation. Try tightening to factory torque specs and possibly use blue loctite on the critical ones.

Does your pinion angle match your tcase output angle? Once corrected and the top jam nut tightenen down you should not have any vibrations from this kit.

If your not sure about how much to tighten down the suspension bolts you could stop by an allignment shop and have them check the bolts before doing an allignment. Yes the springs will settle, but that should happen fairly quickly then you just need an allignment after that, same as with any suspension mod.

As far as the car not accelerating with bigger tires, it's a suzuki! These things aren't fast!
(stock at least)

Hope that helps!

Ryan Gates
92 Sidekick

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am not suprise that having a 3" lift on a truck can increase alittle of Vibration, since the driveshaft would run @ a greater angle.
reduce in ability for turning sharp conner with a 3" lift is also very normal. I am sure better Swaybar can increase it's ability to turn, but who cares, if you gonna take it off road...!
Just make sure you have some fun 4x4ing hehe!

Eddy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.