BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going on Sunday, need to be shown the way or given directions, or maybe try this new trail into McNutt. Anyone interested? If so, any pref. I just feel like doing a hardcore trail.

------------------
~ YOUR TYPICAL MODIFIED 4-RUNNER ~
~ STOCK SAMURAI NEEDING MODIFICATION ~

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yea me to,so if you are luck mabey I will come with you, but only if my wife lets me(whoooopa!!!!!)you know how women are,"you never spend time with us any more",well who is she to tell me,I'll show her I wear the pants in this family,I am the king of this castle,I...oh **** gotta go here she comes.

------------------
"84"4runner,35's 6"lift,5:29's-welded in to one solid block of spiders.

I don't wanna roll,I don't wanna roll,GOD please don't let me roll!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey wheezy, sounds like you are singing
the Man Song.lolololololo

------------------
2muchfun
1998 jeep cherokee 4.0l
stock but tries hard

·
Registered
10 Posts
LOL! We just like to think that we are the king of the castle.

Originally posted by wheezy:
Yea me to,so if you are luck mabey I will come with you, but only if my wife lets me(whoooopa!!!!!)you know how women are,"you never spend time with us any more",well who is she to tell me,I'll show her I wear the pants in this family,I am the king of this castle,I...oh **** gotta go here she comes.

------------------
99' Blk TJ, 33's, 5" of lift, etc..

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by dug:
Thinking of going on Sunday, need to be shown the way or given directions, or maybe try this new trail into McNutt. Anyone interested? If so, any pref. I just feel like doing a hardcore trail.
What mods does your 4Runner have?

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does your truck have a working winch? I would highly reccomend having your own winch on this trail.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My TOY has 35" swampers, 5.29`s, detriots (F&R), warn winch (6-8000 lbs, not sure, doesn`t say), cam and header.

------------------

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
My TOY has 35" swampers, 5.29`s, detriots (F&R), warn winch (6-8000 lbs, not sure, doesn`t say), cam and header.
Well, as long as you're not too concerned about body damage, you should have a great time. Just make sure you bring another vehicle with you and have a snatch block, tree saver, snatch strap, shovel, and hi-lift. Also, make sure winch works BEFORE you go.

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

I'd say he'll be fine

How can you not know how much your winch can pull though?

------------------
Stock 2000 Jeep TJ Sport

·
Registered
102 Posts
How can you say he'll be fine ...have you ever done the camel trophy trail. One day Baby joe you gonna give someone the wrong advice and someone is gonna fry thier rig. Ok I read that he has 35's and is locked and has a winch yadda yadda yadda. And I don't doubt that he can do it. But bro if you never done it and are only going by what other people have said before about needing a winch,lockers and big meats then thats not good. And if your only saying it cause Larry said it, then the guy only needs to hear it once, I continually hear you giving advice but you have limited or no experience and only go by hearsay, yet you try to make yourself sound knowledged. Reading a magazine can only give you so much info then the rest is experience. Please stop. sorry to sound like a shyt but its my 2 cents and I'm entitled.

Of course I don't add much technical stuff to this board and I am by far knowledged about everything and actually most of the comments I make are there to be funny. but at least my wheeling experience goes past hopping a curb at the mall or doing 360's on a school football feild. So Go ahead folks and flame away but I'm sure others agree with me QUOTE]Originally posted by Baby Joe:
I'd say he'll be fine

[/QUOTE]

------------------
1990 YJ. Lots O'Fun
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by IBJeepin2 (edited October 11, 2001).]

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
IBJeepin2, while I agree with some of your general points, I absolutely disagree with the personal attack you made against Baby Joe. Whether they're true or not isn't germaine to this discussion.

If you guys have issues with each other, please deal with them privately via email. I do not want to see a personal flame war erupt on this board.

Consider yourselves warned. That means no public replies, Baby Joe. Take it to private email.

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
1,269 Posts
Anyone have any pics of these hectic trails?

------------------
86 toyota, 6", 35s, and a garage full of parts. (my beast)
Mods? Well I hold my CV boots together with zap-straps.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
Anyone have any pics of these hectic trails?
I took some pics when Chris W and I went through it a couple of years ago but we were so busy in trying to get out that I got very few shots. Besides, it was dark (heavy tree cover) and we were covered in mud.

You can read about it here: http://www.bc4x4.com/tr/1998/camel/camel.cfm

It's twisty and the ruts are so deep that you don't have much of a choice about what line you're going to take. There are also rocks, stumps and other crap under the mud and water so using speed to get through some of the mud holes carries its own dangers.

I've heard that the entrance at the Stave Lake side of it has been blocked. I haven't confirmed this by seeing it myself, though.

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
13 Posts
"There are also rocks,stumps and other crap under the mud and water so using speed to get through some of the mud holes carries its own dangers."

That's were Mike Peterson pole vaulted the back of my truck three feet in the air. He was pulling my out of a tough spot.

We were on there with 33's. I would suggest 35's at least. The next mud hole, if to go through it, would have swallowed our trucks.

Just think mud!

------------------
A smokin' 83 long box.
Pole vault over it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So how about some directions? As for my winch, it came with my truck in a pile of spare parts (bumpers, window motors, nerf bars, etc.)

------------------

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't think this board is the best venue to post directions...

If you are unsure about your winch, make sure before you go.

DO THE RESEARCH, as it may become an important issue on the trail!

I have 35" Boggers, locked front and rear, with a 350 EFI Chevy and geared to the teeth, and I need to winch at least one section every time.

BTW a 6000 lb Warn won't pull your Runner through the muck!

My 8274 has a hard enough time with my Jeep which I believe is considerably lighter than your Toy.

I've seen guys use 6000's on Jeeps in that trail, and all they do is stall and melt your battery posts.

FYI

------------------
CJ-5 Foolinjected 350, Lifted, Locked, 8274, Yada yada yada...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Go back to sleep, your imagining things.

The trail no longer exists...

Find it yourself!

------------------
CJ-5 Foolinjected 350, Lifted, Locked, 8274, Yada yada yada...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts