BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna be rebuilding my head most likely right away, I was just wondering if it would be worth getting a cam thrown in while it's in the shop? what kind? I was thinking LC eng., but really haven't had time lately to resurch anything. what kind of gain would I be looking at in pony's and tourqe Anthony

------------------
Yota Anyone?

·
1,269 Posts
This is for a 22R or RE right? Comp cams makes a low end cam that operates from 1000 rpm, the other ones I looked at started around 1200 or 1500, but I didn't check out LC Engineering.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can also try www.doaracingengines.com

tim jenkins is the owner. Specializes in 20R/22R/RE & 3ZFE motors....

He also has the metal-backed timing chain guides for the later 22R/RE's....

(I'm not affiliated, just a happy customer)

------------------
Art
80 Hilux- 20/22R hybrid, Dual Mikuni's, R151 Trans, BudBuilt X-member, 4.56's w/rear Lockrite, 3" NWOR lift (yuch!), 33x9.5 Buckshots

·
Registered
108 Posts
Whats a good cam to put into a 22r?
that is once I find myself a new engine of course.
Thanks Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
Registered
1 Posts
www.engnbldr.com has the best prices around and customer service that goes far beyond the extra mile.

------------------
89 4X2 auto rebuilt Nov 2001 X-cab 22RE rebuilt .030 over Nov 2001 w/RV CAM, all ENGNBLDR.com parts and machine work.

·
Registered
363 Posts
i put a regrind in my rebuild. had a coulple different shops recomend a cam from some some guy in vancouver over any commercially made one. he`ll custom grind a cam to any spec or application. cost me $75 i think and im quite happy with it. wish i knew his name, all i know is its a small shop that specializes in import cams. just a note. any cam for a 20r,22r and 22re from `78 to `95 are exactially the same.turbo cams are different. some aftermarket cams are tuned specifically to efi. as for gain, my setup starts to pull around 1200, hits 7000 comfortably then the fuel pump craps out.(next on my list)its definately worth it in my opinion. much smoother torque and noticeable top end gains.

------------------
go BIG, or go home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts