BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting from the Caribbean, am an island boy coming to B.C and am looking for a good 4x4 truck with camper. any good large reliable truck and a waterproof camper with some heat to keep us warm will do. not too familiar with the nortamericano machines so need something basic and hardy, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I take it this is for a vacation? Are you looking to buy or rent?

If buy, check out www.buysell.com for a decent selection of used RVs.

Ford, Dodge and GM/Chevy are the only full size trucks we have. They are all pretty decent for hauling a camper, but like any vehicle, the previous owner's maintenance of it makes the biggest difference. If you are hauling a camper, get a Heavy Duty 3/4 or One ton. 1/2 tons just do not have the hualing capacity.

Camper wise, they are all similar, but find one that suits you. Most have a furnace, stove and 3-way fridge.

If you are just renting, you are limited to what the rental companies have.

Good luck
Wes

·
Registered
33 Posts
Adventure

Hiya baje
Wow.... you mean your gonna give up that tropical paradise and come to BC?
Tell me, have you ever done a Canadian winter? I do hope you have warm clothes and good boots. Where did you plan on calling home when you get here?
I have a buddy with a full size early 80's Chev 3/4 ton 2WD and a HUGE camper, I'll ask him tomorrow what his bottom line is alright.
Man..... I wish I could trade you places....winter in the Carribean...GAWD!!! Dream come true!~!~!~!
Good Luck My Friend
Sincerly, Merv (try_xj)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, I dont plan on staying full time as I have a farm here in the west indies. My wife used to live in b.c so we are just looking for a way to have transport and accomadation combined. We rode two dirt bikes up from mexico in june and left them in the robson valley with friends so am also looking for a trailer to pull behind camper. It must be 4x4 so we can explore the best bits and get to decent camp spots where we can unload the bikes and do the small rough trails, coming home to a warm bed and a home cooked meal after a day out.We did the trip from mexico up in full camp mode carrying all our food tent etc and realize that the b.c. weather requires a bit more gear than we want to carry on the back of a dirt bike!!:D so if you know of anything give me a hail up,thanks again,Baje.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts