BC 4x4 Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Taco,,,, Kits is just one giant pothole but I still stand by the noise that my Truxs put out. They are by far the loudest tire I've driven, Goodyear MT's, BFG MT's, Goodyear MTRs, Mickey Ts etc etc. I noticed it when I got them put on, I couldn't believe how loud they were and still are.
ok i must admit i have only ever run BFGs or Trxus MTs but for 15 years and no less lol! i always found any Goodyear tires to be WAY more $$$$ than BFGs but would mame or injure for a set of Kevlars, who wouldn't?

·
Registered
650 Posts
ok i must admit i have only ever run BFGs or Trxus MTs but for 15 years and no less lol! i always found any Goodyear tires to be WAY more $$$$ than BFGs but would mame or injure for a set of Kevlars, who wouldn't?
Ya rubber is expensive, BFG km2s about 330 and MTRs with Kevlar 340 for 35s(on average) so I'm guess around 450 for 37s, that's why I splurged and went with Duratracs for winter tires, just to keep the trail tires going. I got the Duras for 280 at a dealership in N Van, great deal. It almost makes me wanna get the tires from the states but I just can't bring myself around to do it.
I'm hoping to do a cross country with a friend this spring so if it does really happens then the Duratracs will be a real bonus.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I love my MTR's excellent on the road and great off road. Worth every penny. I'm on my second set ( went up a size)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why are you changing back? Performance or treadwear?
I bought an 07 rubi in November with about 50% tread on the original tires. My preference is to go with an AT over a MT, since I figure I'll get better tread life and better overall performance. With my current life situation, I only hit the trails about once a month.

That being said, I don't expect to be buying new tires before the fall, so if I happen to fall in love with the MTR's on the trail, I may stick with them.

BTW, the JK's come with 16 or 17 inch rims. A lot of people run 15 inch rims (there's all sorts of documentation on how to do this). Is there an advantage to running 17" over 15"? I figure there are more tire options for 15" and I can probably get new rims + tires for the same cost as 17" tires now, making future upgrades much cheaper.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Actually it is getting harder and harder to find any tire in a 37 and up with a 15 inch rim diameter. 17 inch rim size seems to be the new 15 for sizes 37 and up.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
They are loud on the hwy after broken in. haha..... Oh well, can't have it all in the delicate balance of DD and wheeler.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
No my Geolanders. (37x12.5x17) , better than my old Iroks (35X13.5X15) for noise tho.....

·
Registered
391 Posts
X10 on the Trxus mts!!!!!! they are AMAZING on the road, super quiet and excellent handling, even with my 37s
How about off road OOOOOya forgot the flaming 4-runner:cwm23: hasn't been there yet:finger_1:
I have the BFG KM2's ' can't tell if they are quit as I have a 1st gen and it's way to noisy to tell but :finger_1: seem to be a good tire no complaints and as far as I can tell "quiet"

·
Registered
388 Posts
How about off road OOOOOya forgot the flaming 4-runner:cwm23: hasn't been there yet:finger_1:
I have the BFG KM2's ' can't tell if they are quit as I have a 1st gen and it's way to noisy to tell but :finger_1: seem to be a good tire no complaints and as far as I can tell "quiet"
again WOW JERRY!!! :shakehead: what's this? all those nasty posts you've been dishing out to mopar lovers lately have you losing sleep at night as your babies are outside? now you hav to slam your own Toyota family???:wtf: it's ok i saw you sucking up to the Jeep guys on other posts... :finger_1::finger_1::finger_1: call it damage control if you must :violin remember the little 33"Trxus MTs i practically gave you with that awesome 1rst gen:whiteflag: i know they are hard to find with so many MINI trucks in your driveway :finger_1::finger_1::finger_1:but i wheeled those tires hard enough to know they're better than any BFGs :laugh:laugh:laugh now stay off computers for at least two days so your anger management lessons can be calmly put to good use:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to go with the MTRs. Due to price and Kevlar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nope. I have Toyo winters on my crew cab, and I wont be buying those again. They are wearing good, but not as grippy as I was looking for on the glare ice. Blizzacks are waaaaaay better.

Is it true that Nitto NT01 and Toyo R888 have the same compound? I've read somewhere that despite the price variation, both tires have the same compound on a different carcass.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts