BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

I am about to perform the TFI and Nutter upgrades to my 258 I6 Jeep YJ but I have two problems:

First, I have to change my timing but I do not have a timing light. In the past I have done this by ear, however, this was on a very old car. Is this wise? What is the science behind adjusting the timing of my engine?

Second, I have not adjusted the Carter BBD before. I have adjusted a Holley, but that was 5 years ago. My repair manual does not contain any information on adjusting my carb. Do any of you know where I can get a diagram or explanation of what screws adjust what? I would also appreciate any information about adjusting carbs in general. I am new at this so anything will be of interest. Of special interest would be adjusting the fuel / air mixture and knowing when it is set properly.

Thanks,

Spalding

·
Registered
5 Posts
TRY LOOKING UP THIS WEBSITE, THEY ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TROUBLESHOOTING CARBS. www.carbsunlimited.com
AS FOR THAT CARTER, SWAP IT OUT FOR MC21OO. IT'S EASY TO DO AND SIMPLER TO ADJUST. ALSO THERE ARE LOTS OF THEM OUT THERE. I DID MY SWAP FOR ABOUT $60. SOME FABRICATION INVOLVED BUT NOTHING TO MAJOR.

------------------
"On the 8th day God went Jeepin'!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts