BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to figure out if i should turn my knuckle balls to avoid stress on the drive shaft. i have been approaching this sas without planning to do this, thinking that as long as i keep to 4.5" shackles things may be alright. thoughts?

·
rhino hunter
383 Posts
trying to figure out if i should turn my knuckle balls to avoid stress on the drive shaft. i have been approaching this sas without planning to do this, thinking that as long as i keep to 4.5" shackles things may be alright. thoughts?
after i did the trail gear 5 inch lift etc,i had death wobble like you couldnt believe.i finally did a cut and turn,not a big deal,and the front end was like driving a new vehicle.well, not new but you get my point.
any way i think i turned the knuckles 12 degrees.got nice strait pinion angle and it drives real nice.37 inch pro comps with bead locks,hi-steer and hydro-assist. and its pretty good when youre at hiway speeds.there are other schools of thought but it works for me.its all about castor angle.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
guess i should have mentioned size of tire and lift, am considering 37s eventually. definetly gonna keep my 5.5 and 6" shackles then and not try and improve the pinion angle with smaller ones. thanks

·
rhino hunter
383 Posts
as a word of advice........i would'nt go to 37's........when i'm done with my current tires i'm going back to 35's.....37's are nice tires and look good i guess but i think you can go anywhere with mini-trucks and 35's.most of the guys i wheel with have 35's and they do just fine.with less carnage.my tires with bead locks weigh in at well over 100lbs each.aluminum would cut down some.just the tire when its new is 83 lbs.you have to be a monster to do a tire change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.