BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK So when my 22RE finally comes back from the shop next week - heard that line for a few weeks :confused2 - I will need to replace my exhaust. Since the CAT has 310k and the Muffler is old I want to replace my entire exhaust from the Manifold - soon Header, haven't decided which one yet.

Where would you recommend I go for a good muffler shop in Bunraby\Vancouver\TriCity area?
Which Muffler should I go with?
Type of CAT matter?
Can I get a hollow one ? :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had an excellent experience with Mufflertech in Port Coquitlam.

The guy there took me under my truck and explained everything.. Then to top it off, he told me it was going to take two hours, so I left for two hours.. when I came back he was honest enough to tell me that it had only taken an hour and a half so he knocked a 1/2 hour worth of labour off the bill.

I've recommended them quite a bit since then and the guy did the same thing with my little sister, even though he knew that she obviously didn't know anything about what was going on.

Just let to spread my good experiences... there are lots of places I won't take business to because of bad ones.

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
i have a brand new walker(garanteed for life) muffler never even dry fitted... cost about 90 and would sell for about 60
interested?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Possibly, how well does in match for 22RE performance - oxymoron :p

What type of Walker exactly?

what's it sound like? Can't be to loud, the wife drives it mostly. :(
Anyone run one of these.

I am totally clueless with mufflers and Toyotas so bear with me. :D

Greg seems to have a nice setup on his truck.
modifying and upgrading
If it's a good muffler suitable for my Toy i'd be interested

·
1,269 Posts
Flowmaster 40 series with 2 1/4" sounds nice and throaty (for a 4 banger anyways), but your wife may not be crazy about it. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts