BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hella Micro FF Fog Lamp Kit

http://4x4connection.com/images/hella/microff.jpg

So I bought a brand new set of hella lights for the car today and immediately installed 100watt h3 bulbs. The lights came with 55watt bulbs. So after waiting all day for dark to come to allow me to adjust the lights, and after driving from mission back to abbistan, I noticed the glass was hot to the touch. Too hot to keep my hand on it. Should I go back to the 55w bulbs?? I am thinking if I leave the 100's in then when it rains they may crack from the water touching the glass.

Opinions??

·
Registered
204 Posts
the glass can take it. the question is, is the wiring rated for the extra draw? relays, switches are important too.

there is a reason why they only ship with 55 bulbs. you'd be better off with a xenon kit for them instead.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I've put 75W H3 into the PA disposable foggies. The glass always cracks but never a problem with the wiring. But then again, I am running 75W 24V on wires set for a 55W 12V, so actually drawing less than half the amps of the 55W 12V. MY wifes' rig has the 55W 24V bulbs with the same lights and they have not cracked. If the glass is designed for only a 55W bulb, then you can expect it will crack with a 100W bulb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.