BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I know this has been asked before but all the archived stuff seems to be missing.

I've got a buddy with an 85 Longbox and the spring are doing the negitive arch thing. Looking for options on an inexpensive, bolt in (no fab work), 3 inch lift. He's got some 32's he wants to put on and have some room to flex.

Thanks

------------------
88' 4Runner
SAS and a little bit of lift.
"All your Toyota are belong to me"
Member of the "Herd"

·
Registered
412 Posts
A good cheap lift requires some fabricating if you want a little flex. If you want cheap bolt in, National tire and wheel has a toy kit on special all the time, 3 or 4 inches I can't remember, buy a 4x4 mag and look, they have a CDN number ask them about the special. For a little flex do searches on wagoneer springs, chevy springs, ford shock towers, these are few cheap tricks that work very well and are well proven.

Mike.

------------------
85 Flat deck toyota, chevy's, new frame, for sale.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know about most of that stuff. I've done a lot of it to my 4Runner. Just looking for the cheapest way to get the 32's on without any rubbing. I've read something about Wagoneer springs and Rancho 44044's. Are these just a bolt in replacement for the front stock springs? Longer shackels req'ed? The back, we can always get by with some new stock springs and some blocks for now.

------------------
88' 4Runner
Member of the "Herd"

·
1,269 Posts
To clear 32s all you should need is a shackle lift front and rear, or block rear and shackle the front.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well we're gonna have to replace the springs anyway so I though might be some options for them. Thanks.

------------------
88' 4Runner
Member of the "Herd"

·
Registered
223 Posts
If your looking for cheap and bolt in then try 3" add-a-leafs.

------------------
JEEPS ARE FOR GIRLS

·
Registered
18 Posts
Add a leaf the front and shackle the back. I wouldn't recomend shackles up front with the negative arched springs, it'll just make them not good, really not good.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by RocketBoy:
Hey all, I know this has been asked before but all the archived stuff seems to be missing.

I've got a buddy with an 85 Longbox and the spring are doing the negitive arch thing. Looking for options on an inexpensive, bolt in (no fab work), 3 inch lift. He's got some 32's he wants to put on and have some room to flex.

Thanks
Go to Alpi's in Surrey. I think i saw what you guys are looking for. Probably get a lift kit for $300. I payed $350 for mine with shocks, and they took it off the truck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the options guys.

------------------
88' 4Runner
Member of the "Herd"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts