BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a brand new set to 35" Interco Truxs M/T's

I'm thinkin of just going to NSOR since its convenient. They want about $290/tire.

Is there anyplace cheaper?

I don't mind buy from the states or whatever, just as long as the price is cheaper than $290. I mean time,gas, and duty fees cost some too, just gotta weigh the benefits...

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Shop around.
Call the usuals, you started with NSOR, try also National4WD and Kal Tire. You can try the guys across the line too. What ever you get for a price, see if NSOR will match. NSOR is usually pretty good with their tire pricing, day-to-day tire pricing seems to be competitive - only time I have found overall better pricing is when there is some "one day only type" special.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Look for tirerack.com from my experience they usually cheaper, specially if you cross the border (need to find a garage that is willing to receive thems for you... then you get the worst tire-rims u can get n cross the border... pay the installation at the garage the received for you and leave your old junk wheels there...

I Tryed bringing back my old wheel and it costed me 500$ fee's at customs...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Once again useless answers with no fact...

its simple, NAFTA. if you buy tires though tirerack.com or any similar website (you can have them shipped to ship happens in sumas, there like 6 blocks across the border) remember you only have to pay duty on some things, not everything, and not most average things as long as they were made in the us/canada/mexico. The only thing you have to pay is gst and maybe pst, my boss and a truck driver at my work just did it this past winter. He picked up(on sale) some 305/70/16 BFG km2's for $850 CDN shipped, Just cost him $90 in taxes, thats less than 200 each free and clear, our discount at kal was 288 before tax,

So buy local, but a deal is a deal. Just make sure the tires are made in north america and there is no duty, just tax. Ship happens only charges like $10 or $20 for large packages.
or get them installed down there, probably cheaper(we did ours ourselves) then toss the old ones, find a construction site then hit the I-5 and hope for the best.

Either way, speaking from actually doing it, its easy, you just have to wait a few days to get your tires after you pay.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I bought my swampers from 4wheelparts.com with Washington sales tax it cost me 599.00 for four tires mount & balanced. when I got to the boarder I gave them the reciet and declared everything and they just sent me on TAX FREE. I phoned NSOR they wanted $225 per tire plus tax & install and it would take a month to get them.

·
ultimate web wheeler
2,359 Posts
Try Bryson @ Jeep Thrills (M.Ridge),
Taran @ BCC (Abby)

:)
X2.

I bought my swampers from 4wheelparts.com with Washington sales tax it cost me 599.00 for four tires mount & balanced. when I got to the boarder I gave them the reciet and declared everything and they just sent me on TAX FREE. I phoned NSOR they wanted $225 per tire plus tax & install and it would take a month to get them.
yep, it all depends on whose in the booth. declare everything and expect to pay both G/PST and duty if not made in canada, mexico, or USA. still, not all agents will ask/know/care where its made, depending on what it is. nor will they all care and make you pay the taxes. when i brought my cruiser across the line, i paid duty & GST (PST paid @ time of registration). when i brought used land cruiser wheels across, all 3 times, i never paid duty. its hit and miss, and not consistent.

if you get a free pass, thank the customs agent with a sincere smile, and be on your way...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Try Bryson @ Jeep Thrills (M.Ridge),
Taran @ BCC (Abby)

:)
X2 to the X2. Call Bryson at JTC. 604-465-5559

yep, it all depends on whose in the booth. declare everything and expect to pay both G/PST and duty if not made in canada, mexico, or USA. still, not all agents will ask/know/care where its made, depending on what it is. nor will they all care and make you pay the taxes. when i brought my cruiser across the line, i paid duty & GST (PST paid @ time of registration). when i brought used land cruiser wheels across, all 3 times, i never paid duty. its hit and miss, and not consistent.

if you get a free pass, thank the customs agent with a sincere smile, and be on your way...
All of the above, X2. I used to be a daily (usually 2-3 times a day) cross border trucker. It's all the officer's discretion. Don't expect anything like tires to be a policy of being one or the other. There's no predictability.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I crossed to border to pick up my brand new cruiser 2 years ago (Bought on internet) had GST + PST to pay, + north american tax (I think it was an extra 10% for out of can-usa-mexico stuff)
Still saved about 6-7 grams on can prices.

The dollar is back to 1 for 1 exchange, when that happen, most canadian dealer and distributor dont ajust their price... they sell base on what they paid (was 80cents exchange not a long time ago), not base on what it worth, so during a high rise period like the one we are actually in, large gap appears between US and CAN deals.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I get mine from Tires+ in mission. Dalton is a good guy to deal with and he usually has a competitive price.

There's a hot 4x4 member i think his name is Brian that works at MSA ford, my cousin bought a set (4) 47" ltb's from there and he paid like $40ish /tire less then the best price he found.

not to slam anyone on the board who works at NSOR or sport truck, i just haven't had a positive experience talking to the guys who answer the phone in parts.

oh yeah and x2 on JTC or BCC both have pretty knowledgeable and reliable staff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.