BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these springs at the boneyard.They came from an old Dodge car,like in the 70s.they mesure 56" long and 27" to center pin from the front. this is the second set i have found,they have the teflon strips between them and major arc.I wouldnt use them on a fullsize cause they are too soft,but they work awesome on my toy.:cool:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were on old dodge stoation wagons and luxury cars in the 70s,the front eye is oval and the center is incased with rubber that comes off both sets came with the buckets wich were mounted to the frame with bolts.i welded these on in a new location further up the frame wich also gave me some lift.the springs are 2.5" wide so you will need to make custom shackels.These springs are not a huge seller cause nobdy re-builds these cars so they sold them for $20 each,Go to a pick a part and dig around!

·
Registered
139 Posts
this is what i like to see, new setups:D
truck looks good

·
Registered
136 Posts
Be careful with old springs.. they get brittle and snap.......... i have learnt my lesson, it took me two sets of Wagoneer springs from the junker to find that out,. :rolleyes: :angry

·
Registered
261 Posts
could you give more info on the model and year of car how many leafs in the pack I would like to price them out new if I can and also what you ran up front .Thanks Chad.:canadian

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The springs i found were like new,they still had stickers on them.I think the car was wrecked years ago,besides they probably dont see the abuse truck springs do.I would recommend inspecting the teflon for wear,it would give a good idea of the amount of use. I got about 4" of lift when it was all said and done,but my fuel tank is in the very back and i have a rebco style box.So i would guess a average truck would get 5" or so:cool:

·
Registered
504 Posts
definately use a traction bar not like doa who keeps busting leaves due to axle wrap:******* :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
so I went to the wreckers near my place and found a 79 lebaron station waggon the laefs on it looked like yours but messured 57.5" center to center but 24" from front to center so I'll have to check some diferent ones on the weekend .:canadian

·
Registered
400 Posts
anything will fit anywere you just need a welder and a little knowhow or imagination.. :welder :******* :******* :welder

·
Registered
261 Posts
I found a set of springs that look exactly like thows exsept they mesure 53.5" lond (25.5"\28")and are 2.50" wide but were marked 95 dodge grand caravan but have asked around and was told that carivans never came with rear leefs.:canadian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts