1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Following in the footprints of BC's history
4,911 Posts
Steve, I really don't think you were blunt enough :laugh Too damn funny. LR

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
What puzzles me with his radius arm mounts, besides the crappy design, is why he didn't even fully weld those plates to the frame?? I mean, how much longer would that have taken? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?

...lars

·
Registered
908 Posts
Little bit harsh don'tcha think Steve? If you worked as fast as him you'd be done now.:poke: :laugh

·
Registered
740 Posts
They're all botching about the coil angle. If he moved the diff housing forward it would "correct" the coil issue. How did he **** up so badly that the wheels are set to the rear of the wheel well ?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well if you spend the time reading the whole thread, it turns out this dude is a complete Asshat. He seems totally cool with his radius arm mounts breaking off on the freeway at 75mph. Im not sure how those mounts support its own weight let alone driving down the concrete highways in Washington State. Atleast he is finally willing to address some of the issues and flaws in his designs. I mean its cool and all that he has that much confidence in his work that he is willing to drive on it without a care in the world, but come on, look at the factory finish on his vehical. Would he really BUY a vehical that had that kind of workmanship? Sounds like he only did a SAS to get a cheap lift and doesn't have any plans on actually wheeling it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I love the birdshit welds covered up by half assed booger welds. I stared at the picture for a while trying to figure out how he could possibly stick weld that badly and finally realized that he had to be using 7024 in his first attempt.
Gawdawful mess.

Edit: The hillbilly ingenuity of using jack stands on top of flimsy ramps to support the truck also impresses me.
Is there some kind of runner-up should-have-placed category for the Darwins?

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
do you really think a cop is going to know what they are looking at if they take a look at the underside of that thing?

i know some cops and they have never even seen the underside of a car or truck before unless it's the guy at midas showing them the new muffler bearings that have just been installed.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Any cop that looks at that abortion would say "MVI Time". That kind of crapsmanshit belongs off public roads. I don't think any of the welds look OEM;)

I'll give him credit for doing it himself and the effort.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
i seriously know a few cops that wouldn't see anything out of the ordinary looking at that. the tires have legal tread and all of the lug nuts are on it. there is a muffler and all of the lights work. the cops i know also find windshields to be a big concern. always have to write tickets for cracked windshields because they are "unsafe".
in the words of one cop i know: "you never know when a big gust of wind will hit the windshield while driving on the freeway causing it to colapse in your face"

what more does a vehicle need to be driven on the road?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.