BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my 4in susp lift today and my 3in body is hopefully going in this weekend, but I think i will still have to do the classic fender trimming to fit my 38in tsl's under it, has anyone done this?? Do you happen to have any instructions or diagrams you could give me to help with my trimming?? my email is [email protected] if you have anything you'd rather email than post
Thanks in advance

------------------
It's notugly, it's a beautiful work in progress, and yes the rust is supposed to be there!

·
Registered
50 Posts
a friend of mine has only a 4" suspension lift and he fit 38" swampers with some fender chopping. you should be ok.

------------------
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
even under articulation??, how muh fender trimming is there?? do you have any pics??

------------------
It's notugly, it's a beautiful work in progress, and yes the rust is supposed to be there!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I run 36" TSL's with a 4" lift. I can probably stuff 38's under it no problem with the way my front fenders are trimmed.

Basically I measured 6" from the front edge of the door at the bottom of the fender and drew a straight line up to the existing wheel arch so it blended. Then I cut it using an angle grinder with a thin cut-off wheel. The inner fender will need trimming or bending though, but that is minor and easy to do.

For good pic's check out http://www.coloradok5.com on the home page you should find links to "Project UAV" there is a fender trimming article there for reference.

Rene

------------------
God hates a coward!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i'll check the site out tonight. My friend in town is running 37's on the same lift setup i'm going with without trimming, and there's no rubbing, so i'm probably gonna wait until i get it all done and see

------------------

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool, the less hacking i have to do the better, the body needs enough work as it is/

------------------

·
Registered
145 Posts
mudhucker,

longman's talking about my truck, and if you notice he said chopping not trimming. i have a 4.5 lift that i built, no blocks, and i chopped the hell out of my fenders. i ramp well over 700 on a 30 degree, and have a good amount of tire stuff but have lots of droop. but i'm thinking about putting 40's under it when my coilover king shocks for the front come in. you shouldn't have a problem with your set up. do you want me to post some pics?

steve

------------------
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
love to see pics, especialy of other K5's
probably give me a good idea of what to look at when i chop mine, if needed

------------------

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
totally stoked, i think i wanna go with 38's so this'll be much needed

------------------
Project MudhuckerII is now underway and movin ahead

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.