BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guyus i was wondering how the s10 4x4 pickups are the 80s ones ? why is it that i havent seen any jacked up around thanx for the advise !
marc

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, I'm not exactly sure what your first quetion is asking. As for your second question, I own a Sonoma myself. For a stock S truck off the beaten path, they can be a very limited offroad vehicle. I wheeled mine stock for years, and in many cases, I could not go what the rest of the group would tackle. I found my weakness to be the ground clearance... Adding a body lift to the truck allowed me to add a mildly larger tire, 31's to be exact, and eventually a 3 inch StupidLift. This combination did drastically improve the offroad capabilities of the truck, and I began going into places I couldn't even think of in the past. However, the supension lift did not improve articulation, and thus there still exists certain limitations. Suspension kits for S-trucks are not cheap, and the IFS is very limiting. You will find many S-10 owners in the States gong to a Solid Front Axle Swap, and if done correctly, is probably the best thing that you can do to most trucks with an Indepedant suspension. However, doing this swap in B.C. can be an issue legality wise. People still do it, and there is one guy (Rocco) on the Lower Mainland who has done so. The trucks looks great and perforamance wise, is now better matched for offroading. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my truck a lot, and thus I keep it. I'm a mild wheeler, and sometimes will test the trucks capabilities when I got the nootchkas to push the envelope. I tend to think that expense is the issue when lifting this truck. I have just recently purchased a TrailMaster suspension from a guy in the States going SFA. I plan on combining this kit with my StupidLift. Perhaps a larger tire and a little more articulation will be gained. Sorry for the long essay, just trying to give you your money's worth!!! By the way, A great site to check out is S-10Extremist.org This site is dedicated to these trucks, and you will find many riders out there who have been able to really improve their trucks Offroad capabilities. Oh yeah, and one jeep owner who keeps giving us the screws. LOL

------------------
Pi$$ on the ceiling... Any ******* can Pi$$ on the floor.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have owned one for 4 years now and couldn't be happier. I ran it stock for 1.5 years and preformed beter than I had expected. It dose lack groundclearence and articulation. For mild wheeling it is fine, I took it up eagle tones of times without a problem. As for lift kits, they are way to expensive. I feel the only way to lift it is SFA. If I was to buy one again I would get one with a 4.3L. I feel the 2.8 doesen't cut it. I fixed mine with a 5.7L
Deffinatly check out that site Hay mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts