BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, without welding it up, is there a way to make the stock Gov-lock(or whatever it's called) lock solid?? I'm gonna take it apart soon, but I was also wondering if it has a clutch pack in it? Anyone know about these things that can give me some insite??

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Yes, it's a clutch posi with a governor - hence gov-lock - so that it will only engage at slow speeds (???)

Anyway.... They are known for breaking when worked hard. Back when I worked in auto-wrecking, Police dog-wagons - 1/2-ton Burbs, Tahoes, and Yukons would routinely puke the gov-lock out between 60-70,000km. 10-bolt rear ends were big business to say the least.

------------------
Current shopping list:
YJ front springs (stock)
5.13 or 3.91 gears for Dana 44
4 & 6 cylinder diesel engines

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just wanted to see if I could make it engage full time. I figured if they had clutch packs, that there would still be some give for cornering ect.
Thanks for the input, you've given me somewhere to start. I don't care if it's gonna be hard on it, as I have a 12bolt ready to build, or may get a 14bolt semi-floater. I just want something for now but don't wanna put much(if any) cash into the 10bolt.
JC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.